Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Long Awaited, Largely Forgotten, Ask Me Anything Answer Post // Part 2


*Peeks furtively around the corner to see if anyone is looking*  *Creeps out slowly and timidly*  *Ducks head and shuffles feet nervously, trying to figure out where to begin* 

Okay.  So.

Do remember that "Ask Me Anything Answer" post which was supposed to be coming out in three installments??  The one that had it's beginning in this post here, and it's first installment here...and nothing else since then?? 

Yeah.  That one.

If you've forgotten all about it, I don't blame you.  It's only natural, really, considering how long it's been since the first installment came out.  (April 18th, guys!! Like WHAT?!  Where has the time gone?)  I just want to say I'm very sorry it's taken me this long to get back to answering all your questions.  It was very irresponsible of me.  It was indeed.   Unfortunately I haven't any sort of good excuse to give you so...

Let's just forget about it, shall we?  And move on.  Because dwelling on such sad neglectfulness is really no way to spend one's time.  Really.  It isn't.  (And besides it puts me in a most uncomfortable position, and I don't like that.  'Hem.) 



In this post I shall be tackling Morgan LuaAnn'sRachel's, Rae's , and Molly Rebekah's questions.   Thank you so much, girls!  And if I give you a hard time for the questions you asked me, rest assured it's all in fun.  I really did enjoy answering them.  :)

 


1. Tea or coffee? (or neither?)

Let's just say I'd choose quite a few beverages over both of those, but if I had to choose one I'd choose tea.  I've never actually tried coffee and I don't mean to.  It's just...ew! *shivers*  No like.  (Yeah.  I'm one of those talented people who can decide they don't like something simply by looking at it.  My mom always loved that about me.)  (In my defense though, I wasn't the only one.  My siblings were really good at it, too.)  (Our poor mom.)
2. Current favorite movie?

Well, I just watched a whole bunch of new movies while visiting Natalie (see a complete list here) and they were all really good so I guess I'll just choose one of them.  Of course I'm not saying this is actually my favorite movie at the moment (because honestly guys, picking favorites is WAY too hard for me!) but I really enjoyed North and South.  

Mr. Thornton though.  Goodness gracious.  I feel soooo sorry for him!!  If he would just stop being so extremely pitiable.  PLEASE, Mr. Thornton.  Just STOP.

3. Is there a food you dislike?

Why of course there is!!  I've always been very good at disliking food.  In fact, my siblings and I were notorious for it growing up.  (In other words we were a mom's worst nightmare.  Picky as all get out!)  Thankfully, I've overcome a lot of my pickiness as I've grown older, but still, there are some things I could very well do without.  Like asparagus for instance, or lima beans. (I take after my grandpa in that respect.  He hated lima beans, too.)  I guess vegetables in general I'm not enthused about. 

4. Do you prefer baking or cooking?

Probably baking.  (Cookies anyone?)

5. Is there a genre of music you dislike?

Oh probably.  Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what it is because I'm sort of, um, ignorant when it comes to different types of music.  I just like it or I don't and I rarely give much thought to what genre it is.  Oh, but I guess there is one I could mention!  Contemporary Christian music.  The kind one normally sings in church, you know?  Ooooh!  *shivers*  Drives me crazy sometimes.   Not that I dislike all the songs of course (some of them are really good) but in general I'd just like to say...does anyone know what a tune is anymore?  And how about some more creative lyrics?  I mean, anyone could have come up with that!  And uh, did no one ever tell you that there is such a thing as being too repetitive?  (Oh and one more thing.  Could we please stop sounding like we're singing a dirge, and perhaps actually sing as if we're happy about it?  Songs that drone on and one are just, bleh.)

Yeah.  Moving on.
6. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
(There's that "favorite" word again.  Morgan, please!  Why must you ask such difficult questions?)
Okay, here's what I'll do.  I'll just give you one of my favorite old-time actresses and one of my favorite old-time actors.  How's that?
Greer Garson

Jimmy Stewart


7. What is your favorite dessert?

Favorite dessert?  Did you say favorite dessert?!  Nooooo!!   WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?  DRIVE ME INSANE?!!  Seriously, Morgan.  I'm not that picky about desserts.  If it's sweet and yummy I'll take it. 

JUST GIVE ME SUGAR!!  ;D 

8. Do you have any animals? If so, how many?

Just two little goldfish.  We used to have five, but three of them died.

9. What is your favorite Bible verse?

John 15: 16 
You did not choose me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.  This I command you, that you love one another. 

This one has been a favorite of mine for a while.  Especially the beginning part of it.  It's just really encouraging to me to remember that I never could have chosen God if He hadn't chosen me first.  That all my longing after Him comes directly from His longing after me.  That though I falter and mess up, the desire to follow Him remains strong within me because His choosing me is the essence of that desire and He never changes.  I can rest in the knowledge that this relationship was His idea first and that He knows how to keep His own.
10. How tall are you?

Five feet four and a half inches.  Or according to my driver's license, five feet five inches.   



11. Do you have a favorite series?

Not sure if this is referring to movies or books but I'll just go with books and say the Little Women series.  Which of course includes, Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys

12. Did you ever play in a musical?

Well, twice we did Christmas plays at our church which had singing in them.  Does that count?  That was back when I was around eight or nine, but even at that tender age I was a top-notch actor.  I totally would have made it big on Broadway if I'd decided to pursue that career.  However I didn't.  Why didn't I, you ask? Well, because.  I just couldn't bear the thought of outshining everyone so completely and making them all feel bad.  You know.  That just wouldn't be nice.

*oh, the lies!*

13. Favorite actress?

*Sighs deeply*  No one's getting the message here.  Guys!  I DON'T DO FAVORITES!! Oh very well.  One of my favorite actresses (and I'm going with a  modern actress since I just mentioned an old-time actress under Morgan's question) is Romola Garai.

(Because Emma, you know.)

14. Favorite actor?

Ioan Gruffudd, because--you'll never guess--because he's William Wilberforce!!


And that ought to be enough for anyone.

15. Five brothers or five sisters?

I'm assuming this means if I had to choose between having five brothers or five sisters which would I choose.  My, but that's a tough one!  I guess I'd have to go with five sisters because, as Mrs. Weston would say, "A woman needs the companionship of another woman."  And I definitely wouldn't want to do without the companionship of my sisters.  But then...ohhhhh!...I love my brothers too!!  And life would be so much duller without them.

On second thought, can I just say, "I don't know"?  ;)
16. Your favorite food?

This is hopeless.  I see now I ought to have added a few rules before allowing you girls to ask me any question you wanted!  I should have banned any question with the word "favorite" in it.

Fine.  I'll give you two favorites.  Lasagna and chicken divan.  And actually, it's pretty hilarious that those are two of my favorite meals because as  a kid they were the most dreaded, horrific, I'm-gonna-die-if-I-have-to-eat-that kind of meals ever.  Indeed, my siblings and I quaked at the sight of them, and spent long hours at the table trying to empty our plates. 

Now I find them absolutely delicious.

Age does strange things to you, that's all I can say.
17. Are there any countries you're dying to see?
Well, I wouldn't say there's any I'm "dying" to see (I don't particularly long for travel or think about it overly much) but if I had the chance to go to another country I'd choose England, Scotland, or Ireland.  They're definitely the countries that interest me the most.
18. How many languages do you speak?

Just English.  I know.  I'm so boring.  ;P

19. What's your favorite book?

*bangs head on desk in despair* 

I DON'T KNOW!  I DON'T KNOW!  I DON'T KNOOOOOW!!  I DON'T HAVE A FAVORITE-WHY MUST YOU ASK ME THINGS LIKE THIS-HAVE A LITTLE COMPASSION ON MY POOR NERVES!!

Ahem. Sorry.  I'm afraid I got a little carried away there.  I really must learn to control myself, mustn't I?  

*takes a deep breath*  

Alright.  I don't have an absolute favorite, so I'll just give you a new favorite of mine.  One that I read for the first time this year.  And that would be The Blue Castle.  Guys, that is such a sweet story!  I love Barney.  He's the best!  And he and Valancy are so perfect together! 

20. Is there any Period Drama you dislike?

Oh yes!  Lots.  But here's one in particular.

(This does count as a period drama, right?)

We watched this movie several months ago and--sorry to all those who like this movie--but it was awful!  "Captivating and enchanting"?  I. Don't. Think. So.  Not in my opinion anyway.  In fact, it was one of those movies that seriously made me want to go into the movie-making industry.  And when Miss March starts talking about being a filmmaker you can be downright sure she just saw a movie that was way below her standard of excellence.  


21. Do you listen to music a lot? How much? What genre?

Mostly I listen to music while driving in the car and sometimes when I'm working alone in the kitchen or something.  Other than that, not a whole lot.  As to a specific genre, I mostly listen to Christian music from the 70's/80's.  (Andrew Culverwell anyone?  Someone please tell me you know who that is.)

22. If you could choose any career/job, what would it be?


None.  I prefer not to work.  I have more fun that way.  ;)

Just kidding.  But seriously, there really isn't a career that particularly appeals to me.  Unless of course it's being a real published author.  I could go for that!  (Though I have a feeling I'm kind of waiting for it to happen of it's own accord, and something tells me I'm not going to get very far with that kind of an attitude.)  What I most want to do though is be a wife and a mother--just staying home, raising a family, and taking care of my house.  So if that's all the "career" I ever have, that will be quite enough for me! 

23. What does your ideal man look like? Looks, yes, but also things like personality, values, sense of humour, etc.

Oh dear me!  How does one even begin to describe such perfection? 

Random picture of me staring off into the distance, waiting for my man to come and find me. 
(Actually that's not really me.  But you know what I mean.)

He's short--not that I actually object to his being tall of course, but...I don't know...I just kind of like the idea of a short husband right now (don't ask me why)--with thick hair that has a bit of a wave or curl to it.  He has a very expressive and open countenance; kind and thoughtful eyes that light up profusely whenever he smiles.  He's not overly talkative, but he's definitely more relaxed and outgoing with people than I am.  He's a bit of a tease and likes to give me a hard time (but I give it right back to him so we're even).  He's also really good at playing the piano.  (I mean really good!)  And he can sing.  And he likes the simple old-fashioned things best.  And he doesn't care much for cellphones and social media and all that, because dear me!  What a waste of time! 

He loves Jesus with all his heart and that shows plainly in the way he lives his life.  He's really in-tune and sensitive to what other people are feeling.  He can tell when someone's having a bad day and he cares enough to listen to them and encourage them.  He laughs a lot and can be quite goofy sometimes, but he's also very practical and realistic.  He gets really passionate about the truth and what he believes, and would make a really great preacher.  (In fact, he might be a pastor, but I haven't quite decided on that yet.  Haha.)  

I could go on, but I don't want to overwhelm you with how wonderful he is, so I'll refrain. 

(Tell me, what are some specific qualities you'd like to find in a husband?  What does your ideal man look like?  I must know.  ;))
24. Tell some things you're good at. Things you normally don't like to talk about because it feels like you're bragging. You're not, we understand. :)

Oh no, Rae.  Please.  Not that.

You mean you actually expect me to answer this?

You do realize that once I start talking about how great I am we could be here all day, right? 
You do realize that?

Seriously, Rae.  I don't know what to say to this. 

But fine.  I'll try to think of something.


I'm really good at letting people know how things ought to be done.  (And they love me for it.  Oh yes they do.)

Also I flatter myself I'm rather good at convincing my siblings that I don't want the last piece of dessert (when I really do).  Because you know I'm just so nice and I don't want them to feel guilty for taking what I wanted so I put a brave face on it and smile, smile away.

(And then feel down of course because I didn't get the dessert, but also proud because I was so noble as to give it up.)

(Wow.  Talk abut self-conceit.  I'm afraid I really am a selfish, rotten little creature at heart.)

Let's not talk any more about what I'm good at.  I don't think it's doing me any credit.
25. How early do you normally get up? How late do you normally go to bed? Or do you not have a "normally"?

Anywhere from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m I guess?  It depends if I have anything I really need to get up for.  If not I kind of tend to sleep in.  As to going to bed.  Well.  That doesn't usually happen until sometime around midnight.  Sad, but true.
26. Have you ever been to a formal dance of any sort?
I don't believe I have.  It's okay though.  Nobody missed much by my absence.  Me and dancing, well...we're not exactly on intimate terms you might say.

27. Who is your favorite March sister from Little Women?

I'm done!  This is the last straw! If someone says favorite one more time I'm going to SCREAM!

*sigh* 

Oh Molly, Molly.  Why? 

*stares forlornly off into the distance*

I can't answer this question.  I just can't.  I like all of them.  The end.

28. Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Night owl I guess.  As I just said, I'm rarely in bed before midnight and I very often stay up later than that.  However, I do like to get up early, too.  (You know, if I can manage to pull myself out of bed.)  So...maybe a little of both?

29. Which do you prefer, cats or dogs?

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!...from a proper distance of course.  Get them too close to me, though, and things aren't quite so chummy.  (They're awfully nice as pictures in books.  I'll give them that.  :P)

30. What's your favorite Bible story?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

(That's me screaming.  Because you said it.  You said the dreaded word.)  (This "favorite" stuff is going to be the death of me, I just know it is.)

Okay, I'm sorry.  But I really don't know what my favorite Bible story is.  There are so many good ones.  As a kid my favorite story was Ruth (probably because I had a Ruth doll and therefore always thought of Ruth as "my" Bible character) but honestly now that I'm older I don't tend to pick favorites. 

31. Favorite name for a girl? For a boy?

I like Nancy.  And I like Tristan. 

32. Do you play any instruments?

I play the piano.  That's about it.

33. What's your favorite time of year?

Whatever time of year we're not currently in probably.  You know.  Like when it's summer, I want fall, and when it's winter I want spring.   The grass is always greener...


I did it!  I made it through this post!  Hip-hip-HURRRAH!

Aren't you glad that's over?  I certainly am.

And now I'm going to be very bold and say, please leave a comment!  You don't have to say much, even just a simple "hello" would be nice.  It's just that it feels like such a long time since we've talked, and I miss you!!  And I need to know you're all still alive out there!   ;D  Please come talk to me.

41 comments:

  1. I forgot about this post too...though I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as how my life has been a bit topsy turvy since April.

    I loved reading your answers Miss March!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! CATHERINE!! Thank you so much for your comment! It was so good to hear from you again! *smiles*

      And ohhh, I understand about life being topsy turvey. My life has felt a bit like that lately as well. Can't quite get a handle on things, you know? I hope things have been going well for you despite the craziness. *hugs*

      ~Miss March

      Delete
  2. Oh, Miss March. You crack me up!

    Here are the thoughts that ran through my head while reading this:
    1. I can't believe you used to hate lazagna.
    2. Who is Andrew Culverwell?
    3. Aaw, that's so sweet that you really just want to be a wife and mother!
    4. Question 23. Does this person exist??? He sounds adorable. Not trying to steal him or anything, don't worry. Just complimenting your taste ;)
    5. Loving all the Emma pics attached to your words!
    6. All these favorites are already killing you. And you're not done yet! Poor, Miss March. ;(
    7. Tristan is my funny, dimpled little cousin's name, so I liked that you picked that. Plus, I think Nancy is really an adorable name.
    8. When is part 3 coming...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. I'm so glad you found this amusing. :)

      1. I know right? WHO COULD EVER DISLIKE LASANGA? It's soooo good. (Silly child that I was!)
      2. Oh dear oh dear. Elanor. You mean you've never heard of Andrew Culverwell? How can this be?!! (Haha. Just kidding.) I'm actually not surprised. For one thing he was current in the 70s/80s and for another he's just way less known than he ought to be! (At least in my opinion. Of course not everyone likes the same style of music I do, so...) Anyway, here's a link to one of his songs just to give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynrx8QSfPkU&index=2&list=PLX3vEJ8epL7IKzbEiSyDLiETEOlgrR49Q
      3. I'm glad you think so. :)
      4. Awww. I sure hope he exists! Because I really want to meet him someday. (And you'd better not steal him! Haha. ;))
      5. Thanks!
      6. I know. It's tragic! How shall I ever survive?
      7. You have a cousin named Tristan? Awwww. :D
      8. Hopefully sooner than four months from now...but we'll see.

      Thank you so, so much for your comment, Elanor! It made my day!!! :D

      Delete
  3. WILLIAM WILBERFORCE!!!!!!! *fangirls eternally about the actor and the man and the movie and AHHHHHH*
    Sorry, I'll stop now.

    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEEEEEEEEES! William Wilberforce is the best! And that movie is awesome! So glad you like it, too. :D :D :D

      Delete
  4. O my goodness! I didn't realize I had said "favorite" so much. Yes, picking favorites is a bit hard. Poor Miss March! I shall try to be more creative next time. ;)

    NORTH AND SOUTH!!! Loved that one!! <3

    Ahh, Jimmy Stewart. He was a good actor. I like him, too!

    Five feet four and a half inches/five feet five inches. We are very close! I'm five feet four inches. So, you're a bit taller than me. ;D

    Well, thank you for answering my questions, Miss March! I am terribly sorry if I drove you insane. I hope you have a wonderful day and upcoming weekend! :D

    Many blessings,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's alright, Morgan, really. As you can see I survived it, so it couldn't have been all that bad. I think I just like to complain. ;) Your questions were actually really fun. I enjoyed answering them!! :D

      YES! <3

      Can anyone NOT like Jimmy Stewart? (Okay, I'm sure there are some who can but...you know what I mean.)

      Cool! Five four is a very nice height I think. :)

      That's okay. I drive myself insane a lot so I'm kind of used to it. Heehee. ;D I hope you have a great day and wonderful weekend, too! Thanks so much for your comment!

      ~Miss March

      Delete
  5. Hahaha I actually had some questions for once! I had forgotten. :p
    You need to find that man because he sounds amazing and absolutely perfect for you, and you guys would be the sweetest cutest couple ever, the end. He better find you, too. I wish I knew someone who fit that description perfectly I could, um, refer you to, but I don't. I'll keep my eye out though and I'll email you immediately if I find him, and I'll send him to you right away. :p

    Hahahaha, I love, love, love the Emma reactions to that question. And I suppose your answer will do for now, though I suspect you were answering it in the least answer-y way possible, but I shall excuse you. Those are indeed quite impressive talents.

    And I loved reading all your other answers too! And GUESS WHAT, this shall shock you indeed as it has NEVER happened before, YOU MADE ME LAUGH IN THE LIBRARY. Isn't that shocking. Quite shocking. I hope you shall recover well, as it has never before happened.

    Oh, it's so good to hear from my dear Miss March again!! I've missed reading your posts!! I certainly hope I shall be able to keep up from now...which is not unlikely once we get internet at our new house!
    Loved your post as always, dear, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did indeed! And very good ones, too! :D

      Awwwwww!! I'm glad you like the man of my imagination. I know the man I marry won't be exactly like that, but it's fun to think about anyway. ;) And yes, if you find him by all means email me directly!! Don't let him slip by you. Hahaha. :P

      Why thank you! *bows* And yes, it was rather a cop-out, I admit. :P

      NO WAY!!! I made you laugh in the library AGAIN??!! This is crazy! I am indeed shocked. And I don't know when I shall ever recover. Haha. (Seriously, that is too funny!! :D)

      Awwwww! Rae. You're the sweetest. I've missed you, too!!! *hugs*

      Delete
  6. I'm very tempted to just say "Hello" and publish this comment buuut... you know me. :P I HAVE to talk.

    I have to make this quick though! First of all, thanks for the amusement!

    JIMMY STEWARTTT. <3 <3 <3

    Haha, it's funny how as a child you're so stubborn that you are going to hate a particular food for the REST OF YOUR LIFE... 10 years later it's your new favourite thing. ;D

    That's rather funny, (England, Scotland and Ireland are the first places you'd choose) because I would actually be more interested in going to New Zealand, Hawaii, Fiji or America which I feel almost doesn't make sense. :P Something about those places really attracts me.

    You don't like the secret garden?!! :O That was one of our childhood favourites! (Mind you, we had about 50 childhood favourites. Ahem.) I'm shocked. Appalled. Distressed. Oh alright, you're forgiven.

    Haha, I do that too. XD Decline the last piece of dessert when I secretly REALLY want it and then feel regretful and proud at the same time. Isn't it awful?!!

    Formal dances miiight be overrated. I went to one and it was fun, but if you don't know anyone and a strange boy asks you to dance then it's a bit intimidating.

    I'm alive!!! Just thought you needed that clarification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That would be the day! "FLASH! MISS MEG LEAVES A ONE WORD COMMENT! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!!" ;D

      Of course I would have understood if you had only had time for a short comment and I would have enjoyed it just the same. But yeah, your long comments are even better, so thanks! :)

      You're most welcome! My pleasure.

      Jimmy Stewart...YES! <3 <3

      I know right? As a kid you can never imagine ever liking such horrid stuff. But then you grow up and wala! I'm so glad tastes change as you get older.

      Well America's a nice place, certainly. I just happen to live there so... ;) What doesn't make sense about your choice of countries though? I'm sure they would all be cool places to visit. It's interesting to think what makes certain places attractive to some people and not so much to others. I probably landed on England, Scotland and Ireland because of all the books and movies I've watched that have taken place there. :)

      *ducks head in shame* Actually, not really. I stand by my opinion. I'm not afraid! In fact, I'm shocked that YOU could have liked such a movie??? You think you're distressed and appalled?!! Well just look at me!!! Hahaha. KIDDING! (I get the feeling I'm in the minority when it comes to my opinion on this movie. Ah well. :))

      Haha. You do that, too? How funny! And yes, it really is awful. ;)

      Don't tell me anymore! I'M NEVER GOING TO A FORMAL DANCE!!! Eeeeek. Such awkwardness must be avoided!

      HURRAY!! I'm so glad. Thank you for setting my mind at ease about that. :D

      Delete
    2. Haha, I know right. XD Someday I'll do it (write a one word comment) and shock you all!!!

      Well, I feel like wanting to visit Hawaii or Fiji doesn't seem like me, haha. Although I love old fashioned things, I would much rather go crazy and learn to surf in Hawaii then take a relaxing holiday looking at Jane Austen's house in England. I'm SURE England, Scotland and Ireland are beautiful places and I'd LOVE to see them, but I'd rather go to those other places first. Mind you, in 5 years time I may have changed my mind. ;P

      Haha, no it's alright, The Secret Garden isn't my favourite movie of all time or anything. (And there ARE some things about it that are a little 'mehhh'. Mostly a weird scene around a bonfire near the end. :P)

      Haha, oh no, I've frightened you off! Formal dances ARE lovely, but (at least the one *I* went to) aren't quite so relaxed and fun as movies portray them. (Mind you, I was more playing the part of Harriet Smith (not getting asked out) while the room was full of Emma Woodhouses. And then of ALL the boys that could have asked me... well... let's say the one I got wouldn't have been first pick. :P)
      But it was still good fun. :D

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. :D

      Oh, now I understand what you mean. And you're right, that is strange! What's so fun about surfing anyway? ;) Hahaha. Just kidding. I can see how one would get enjoyment out of that. And yeah, sometimes I'm more old-fashioned in theory than in practicality, too. :)

      Ach, yes! The bonfire scene. That was like the last straw for me. Totally put me out of humor with that movie. ;P

      Ohhhh. Poor Miss Meg! That sounds so awkward. :( WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ALL THE GUYS NOT ASKING YOU TO DANCE?? Silly boys. :P It's never like in the movies, is it? Mores the pity. :(

      Delete
  7. Loved this Miss March! Lovely answers!!

    Sorry for giving your such hard questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!

      Haha. It's okay. Really. Your questions were great! :)

      Delete
  8. I love Jimmy Stewart to itsy bitsy pieces (As an actor!)!!! And he drives my sisters crazy unless we are watching "It's a Wonderful Life" but they won't watch any of his other movies! *goes off and pouts*

    William Wilberforce! Yes, Ioan Gufferfield is a good actor!! :)

    I didn't know that you didn't like The Secret Garden! I've been watching it as long as I can remember so I do have an liking to it, but the one scene always has creeped me out a bit.

    Wow, that sounds like my dad except for the hair, he is tall, and he is really talkitive. ;) What about me? Miss March, you are supposed to be answering the questions, not throwing them at us! (Okay, okay, I actually am really excited to answer this question, so just ignore that stuff up there.) Um, Colin Firth anyone? Jimmy Stewart? Dan Stevens? Not them, but someone with their personalities.

    I love to sleep in. I do not like waking up. But as Julie Andrews says (I know it's her cahrater Maria, but just go with me on this one!), "When you get up, get up!"

    Oh come on Miss March! We all know your favorite is Meg. Haha! I got you there! Your actually favorite is Joe (Is it? I can't remember.). Nope, it is Beth! Fooled you again! It is Amy! I am so good today! Actually, this is the truth, it is Sarah, the perfect mix of them all. :)

    Lovely post Miss March! And it is not late at all, once you look at my draft pile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame because he has so many good movies. Your sisters are missing out! ;) What are some of your favorite Jimmy Stewart movies by the way?

      Apparently I'm outnumbered when it comes to that movie. How does everyone else like it and I don't??? Which scene was it that creeped you out? There were a few that did that to me. (You know the dream--or whatever it was--where Mary's a little girl crying in the long grass and her mother's acting all creepy? Yeah, that one. *shivers* I also really disliked the one where the kids were dancing around the fire. It was just weird.)

      Heehee. My turn to ask questions! ;) Awwwww! Colin Firth, Jimmy Stewart, and Dan Stevens. Nice choices. :)

      And that is very good advice indeed. ;)

      Mwahahaha. See what I mean? It's impossible to choose!! SARAH?! Oh yes. Quite right. My favorite is definitely Sarah. ;D

      Thanks, MovieCritic!! (You have problems with posts languishing in your drafts, too? Well, what do you know! It must be a thing. ;)) Thanks so much for your comment! I loved it!! :D

      Delete
  9. GASP
    The Secret Garden is my favourite!! Also the musical is so lovely! :D But I'll be back :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, really? Well then for your sake I'm sorry I didn't like it. :( But yeah, I read the book first and the movie just didn't line up with my imagination somehow. Also it was a bit too creepy for my tastes. ;)

      Delete
  10. Your favorite Bible verse made my day. Really, isn't it so comforting to know that the Lord saved us and loved us even when we hated Him!? Before we loved Him, He chose us as His own! It kinda blows my mind to think that when Jesus was on earth He actually was living for me. Like, He knew my name! And He was dying for me! It's so overwhelming! So glad that you are a sister in Christ, Miss March. Reading this post encouraged me so much.

    And, I loved all the other questions/answers! These posts are so much fun to read!! Well done. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes! It certainly is mind blowing! To think that He knew each and everyone of us even before we were born. And that knowing us so well--and fully comprehending every sin we would ever commit against Him--still He loved us and chose to die for us!!! It's sad how often we take this amazing love for granted. I know I do far too often. :(

      But, awwwww. I'm so happy this encouraged you!! That is so encouraging to me in turn! And ditto! I'm so glad you're a sister in Christ, too, Hannah Jo! *hugs*

      Thanks a ton! Your comment made my day! :D

      Delete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS! Wow. I watched Amazing Grace for the first time tonight, and then I come here and read this blog post and you're mentioning the movie! I had to giggle over the coincidence. xD

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just watched it for the first time?!! Ohhhhh! How did you like it? That is one my absolute favorite movies!! :D (Heehee. Coincidences are funny things, aren't they? ;))

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Katie!! :)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
  12. My comment is going to be the usual: a running commentary on EVERYTHING. Apologies in advance!

    I don't like coffee either. I HAVE tried it and tried to like it, but I don't. And I figure, if you don't like something naturally and it's not THAT great for you anyway, why force yourself???

    RICHARD ARMITAGE!!! I need to see North and South. But I say that about every period drama you mention here. ;)

    Ha! What you said about Christian music these days... sounds pretty much identical to what I just said yesterday at the dinner table. We hate it too, dear. So does our hairdresser...

    You are three inches taller than me.

    ROMOLA GARAI IS SO PRETTY!!


    How could you ever not like lasagna??? And what is chicken divan???

    Amazing Grace is the best movie ever and Ioan Grufford is awesome in it... BUT HOW DO YOU SAY HIS NAME???

    Ireland/Scotland/England is a very good choice. :)

    Awwwww!! Your Ideal Man... THAT WOULD BE SO PERFECT FOR YOU!!

    I love the name Tristan; my cousin is named that and he is precious. I guess we always like/dislike names based on who we know named that???

    And I was so curious as to who your favorite March sister was!!! Bad, Miss March, for not answering!!!

    I also long for whatever season it is NOT currently...

    I ENJOYED THIS POST SO MUCH, DEAR. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, girl. Don't apologize! I love long comments. (Even if I do procrastinate responding to them because I'm feeling too lazy to tackle it...hem, hem. ;))

      *high five* Yay for non coffee lovers! ;D That is a very good point. My thoughts exactly. Why force yourself to like something that isn't that good for you anyway?

      Ha. You do indeed. About time you actually started watching some of them. ;)

      Glad I'm not the only one! :) But wait. I feel like I'm missing the joke. How did the hairdresser get into this? Do you seriously have a hairdresser? I MUST KNOW! ;)

      Wow. Seriously? I didn't realize you were that short. That's cool! (Or do you not like being short? Oh dear. Was I just completely insensitive there? :/)

      She is!

      I don't know! I was a strange child I guess. ;P Chicken divan is a casserole with chicken, broccoli and a creamy sauce. You put it over rice. It's really good!

      How do you say his name??? Ha! Don't ask me. I haven't a clue.

      I think so, too. :) By the way, what would be your top three choices of countries to visit someday?

      I know, I know. If only husbands were made to order. Haha. ;)

      Yeah, liking or disliking a name really does depend a lot on your association with that name. Sometimes you can like and dislike the same name, depending on what you're thinking of at the time.

      Aww. Poor Kate. So sorry to disappoint you. *evil laugh*

      We're such fickle creatures, aren't we?

      Awww. THANK YOU! And I'm so glad you're looking forward to the next one, too. Hopefully I'll get around to working on it soon. :)

      Thank you so much for your comment! I really, really enjoyed it!! And sorry for my tardiness in responding.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I do the exact same thing! *waves you away*

      EXACTLY. It is so nice to find other people who don't drink it. It seems that these days everyone is always talking about how they live on coffee and I just have to kind of awkwardly smile and nod and pretend to know what they're talking about when really I have no clue what it's like to not be able to get out of bed without a mug of coffee first. Ha! I can get out of bed JUST FINE, THANKS! ;)))

      I know, I know. I just don't have time!! I need Netflix or a good library and several weeks of freedom. :)))

      No, I'm not joking! We were just at the hairdresser and she was saying how they switched churches and she loves her new church because they sing actual hymns instead of praise and worship music. And yes, I go to a hairdresser because my hair is so thick and curly that my mom can't cut it without it being uneven. :)

      I LOVE BEING SHORT!!! It is one of my proudest accomplishments in this life... (I think mostly because everyone told me that I was "so tall!!!" as a little girl and I HATED standing out from the crowd.)

      Very strange, I should say. ;)))) Mmmmmmmmm, that sounds DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry!!!!

      Hm, I suppose it will forever remain a mystery...

      IRELAND, ALASKA AND ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY!!! Mostly because of books I've read about those places but still... they seem so beautiful.

      Same. :)

      Definitely.

      Meanie!! *growls at you*

      Indeed. ;)

      No worries at all!!!

      Delete
    3. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

      Exactly. Who needs coffee to GET OUT OF BED?? I've been getting out of bed all my life without it, and I feel fine! Hahaha. ;)

      Ohhhh. Several weeks of freedom sounds like such a lovely idea! Wish it was possible.

      Haha. That's so funny! The mention of your hairdresser just seemed so random, but now it makes sense! (You have thick and curly hair? Me too! Well actually, I'm not sure it would really be considered thick. It's more just curly and frizzy and PUFFY. Really puffy. Which is one reason why I keep it pulled back all the time.)

      Aww, I'm glad you like being short!! It's always nice when a person is comfortable with the way they are. (You were considered tall as a kid though? Wow, that's funny. I guess you must have done all your growing early on, huh?)

      ~Miss March

      P.S. By the way, it was such a surprise (and so much fun) to get eight comments from you in one day! Like wow. You were quite the busy girl yesterday, writing all those comments! *grins*

      Delete
    4. ;)

      I knoooow!!! It's CRAZY!!! I know a girl who has TERRIBLE migraines if she goes too long without coffee; I NEVER want to get so dependent on something!!

      *sigh*

      Sorry! :) It was just we had JUST been talking about it with her, so I guess it seemed relevant in MY head??? (Yay!! We are twinsies!! Mine can get reeeeaaally frizzy as well but I've learned to tie it back while it's still wet and that cuts down on the frizz a good deal... that or gel, if it MUST be down.)

      I do!! I hope I never get tired of it because I love having AT LEAST one thing about myself that I wouldn't change. ;)))))) (OH I DID. I was about FIVE feet tall when I was only ten or eleven and I was so awkward, ughhhhh. I stuck out like a sore thumb and HATED IT SO MUCH. My grandad used to grab my inordinately large feet and tell me how tall I was going to be... it terrified me. ;))

      Bahahahahaha!!! Sorry about the deluge!! It was Blogging Day and yes, I got a TON of stuff done, which made me very happy!! I wrote TWO blogposts, a new page for my blog, and emptied out HALF my overflowing inbox (of course now I need to do all those things all over again...)!!!

      Delete
    5. Ugh, yes. That doesn't sound fun at all. KEEP THAT COFFEE AWAY FROM ME!!! :P

      Haha, no problem. That makes sense. :) (You, too?! Well, then you understand! And yes, putting your hair up when it's still wet is essential. :))

      Awwwww. I'm sorry you were given such grief for being tall back then. I guess you have the laugh on your side now though because you're not the tall one anymore. Haha. ;)

      Don't be sorry. I loved it!! And oh, aren't those the best days when you can get so much done?? <3 <3 <3 (Oh I know! Isn't it awful? No sooner do we get caught up than there's a pile of other things that need to be done. Why do we even try? Haha. ;P)

      Delete
    6. Same here. I will persevere on water and hot chocolate alone!!! *charges forth carrying mug*

      Finally someone gets it!! *tackles you*

      YES! VENGEANCE IS MINE!!!

      Those are the best days!!! *siiiigh* I am so dreadfully behind on everything just now...

      Delete
    7. Hurrah for Kate! *cheers you on*

      :D

      Haha. Indeed it is. ;)

      Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. It's not fun to be feeling behind on things. :( If it's any comfort to you I was just thinking how quickly you've been whipping out the blog posts these days. You certainly seem on top of that in my opinion. (Of course I don't know how many other posts you have lined up...but honestly! A person can only do so much!)

      Delete
    8. Well... admire me no more, for I have officially fallen irreparably behind on blogging.

      Delete
    9. Well at least we comfort each other with the thought that we're not the only one, eh? ;)

      Delete
  13. Prepare for a long comment. ;)

    I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED NORTH AND SOUTH. I really wouldn't have known what to do if you hadn't liked it. :P

    "I guess vegetables in general I'm not enthused about." xD (Usually I would totally agree with this. I mean...I DO agree, although I'm trying hard to overcome my aversion. :P Recently I tried steamed cauliflower drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper...YUM. It was delicious. :))

    We baked cookies together! *smiles*

    I used to listen to literally nothing but Christian contemporary music (except for Disney songs, but that really doesn't count) for the first 15 years of my life and now I can hardly stand to listen to most of it now. Thankfully I've found some new alternatives lately that are still Christian without that REALLY recognizable "Christian contemporary" sound to them. :P And without the repitive lyrics. Yay. :D (If you want a suggestion, listen to "Far Kingdom" by the Gray Havens. One of my favorite songs ever right now. :))

    Awww. Greer Garson and Jimmy Stewart. I approve. Are they in a movie together?

    Sugar is very very bad for you, Miss March. :P (I made cupcakes recently. Wish I could have shared them with you!!)

    When you mentioned the dead goldfish I thought of reminding you of that kitten story you told me, but refrained. One can joke about dead goldfish, but not kittens. (I feel like a horrid person right now.)

    That's a beautiful verse! I love your thoughts on it. <3

    YOU LIED ON YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE??? (;P)

    Well, I guess that's not surprising considering your answer to number 12. (Don't believe anything Miss March says. She's a chronic liar. ;P) (And she makes fun of her friend's handwriting.) (Is that an S?)

    I KNOW what movie THOSE two actors were in together. :D

    Hahahaha. The one thing on which we differ. ;) ("I don't particularly long for travel or think about it overly much." I could never ever say that.) Well, if you get to travel to those three countries, please stuff me in your suitcase because I'm dying to see those places! (Them and a million other places, but they're kind of top on my list. :))

    She also speaks sarcasm, friends. ;)

    !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED "THE BLUE CASTLE". <3 <3 <3

    I know who Andrew Culverwell is because you've mentioned him before. :D

    I hope you get your dream career one day, Miss March. <3 *hugs*

    Haha! Questions 23. We've talked about this. ;D (I'll be keeping my eyes out for a man matching your description. If I find him, should I send him by standard or express mail? ;P) (Hahaha, hopefully you don't mind my extravagent humor today.)

    THE EMMA PICTURES WERE PERFECT. *dies laughing*

    How you survive going to bed at midnight regularly is beyond me. :P

    Ha! Another lie! You don't love dogs, Miss March. ;D

    Your scream reminded me of the dinner scene in "You Can't Take it With You." xD

    YAY THAT YOU FINISHED THIS POST! Not that I didn't enjoy it, because I DID. But because this means you're that much closer to getting to MY questions. Hahaha. Rather horrible, aren't I? ;D

    This was so fun, Miss March. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead. I'm ready for you. ;)

      Yeah, that would have been awkward, wouldn't it? I had you a bit scared at the beginning when I told you hadn't liked any of the Elizabeth Gaskell movies I'd seen, didn't I? But it all worked out fine, because I REALLY DID LIKE IT!! :D (That was such a fun time. <3 <3)

      Actually, I guess I don't have a total aversion to vegetables. I've recently come to like steamed broccoli quite a bit, and cooked cauliflower with cheese is really good! I guess it kind of depends. I'm a lot better at eating those sorts of things than I used to be.

      Awww. Yes we did! *smiles back* (Fun times!)

      I know right? That kind of music really does get annoying after awhile. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. But, yeah, there definitely are some good contemporary Christian songs out there, too. :)

      I actually don't know. I don't think I've ever seen them in a movie together. It would be fun if they were though.

      Oh phooey. Who says so? I think sugar is very good. For me. Haha. ;P (Aww. Too bad cupcakes are so difficult to send through the mail. ;))

      Ahem. Well if that's your way of not reminding me of that kitten story, I should like to know what you call reminding. Haha. (Actually, I don't even remember telling you a kitten story. Was that the one about the kittens that died out in the barn?) (Oh! Now you've reminded me! What a heartless person you are! You certainly should feel bad. ;P)

      Thanks. <3

      Now wait a minute! I wasn't the one who lied! It was the doctor. He was the one who said I was 5"5". I had nothing to do with it. Completely innocent. (Here's my friend accusing me of lying!! Can you beat that?)

      Oh my word. You are in a mood today. A chronic liar? Me?! NEVER. :P (WAS IT AN "S" THOUGH? TELL ME. WAS IT REALLY??? ;)) (Ahem. Anyway, how did we get from my being a chronic liar to my making fun of your handwriting? Sheesh. You're just bound and determined to make me look bad. ;P)

      Hey, that's true! I wasn't even thinking of that when I chose them! (AMAZING GRACE FOREVER! <3 <3)

      Oh dear. But I'm afraid you wouldn't fit in my suitcase. :(

      Do I? DO I? I never knew that!! ;D (Haha. Yeah, I'm in a mood tonight too.)

      ME TOO! <3 <3 (I'm going to start reading it to my brother soon. We just finished Great Expectations and the Blue Castle is next on our list. :))

      :D

      Aw, thanks! *returns hugs*

      Express mail by all means! Every moment is precious. ;) (Not in the least! Your humor is awesome! Seriously, your comment made me smile so much! :D)

      Thank you! I'm glad you think so.

      It's beyond me, too. :P

      Yes I do! I really do. I like them in movies, and books, and pictures...just not in my living room! Haha.

      Oh that scene! That is so hilarious!!

      You are very horrible. I don't know what's gotten into you! But I forgive you. And I'm glad you're looking forward to reading the answers to your questions (even though you probably know all the answers already). (Maybe I'll have to do some more serious lying in that post, just to make things interesting for you. What do you think? ;))

      Aw, thank you! And your comment was the best!! I enjoyed it SO much!! *hugs*

      Delete
    2. Haha, you DID! I was totally wondering what I was going to do if you didn't like North and South. But, all's well that ends well. :) (It was the best!!! <3 <3)

      I haven't tried steamed broccoli yet, and cooked cauliflower with cheese sounds SO good. :D But then, I personally feel that cheese makes practically anything better. :P

      Heehee. I guess I don't know how to keep my mouth shut...but yes, that was the story I was referring to. Sorry! *cringes and hides in the corner*

      xD That's right, blame the doctor! ;D

      Hahahaha. That's what friends are for. To make other friends look bad! (Ok, maybe my definition of friendship is a LITTLE off....)

      Get a bigger suitcase. :P

      (Hahaha, I think we're both always in a mood. ;))

      I'm so glad you enjoyed my humor!! And hmmm, okay, express it is then. *makes a note of it* Still haven't found him yet, though. Maybe I don't leave the house enough. ;P

      Movies, books, and pictures are NOT real life, Miss March! :D

      Heeheehee. That's very true that I already know all the answers....well, if you think lying would make things a trifle more interesting, do what you think is best, my dear. *I* would never encourage you to lie, though. I wash my hands of you. Hmmph.

      Awww I'm so glad you enjoyed it. *HUGS* <3

      Delete
    3. Indeed. :) (YES! <3 <3)

      Haha. You would so fit into our family. We love cheese! :D

      Obviously not. ;P

      Well, I'm certainly not going to blame myself. *I* didn't measure me! The doctor did. (Or was it the nurse? I can't remember. Oh well. Doesn't matter.)

      I never knew that was what friends were for! Why didn't anyone tell me?! And all this time I've been laboring under the delusion that having friends was a good thing. How could I have been so blind?! (Hahaha.)

      That's easy enough to say. :P

      (Aren't we though.)

      You must look harder! I'm growing desperate over here. (And yeah, leaving the house a bit more often might help. Haha. ;P)

      I KNOW! It's not real life. That's the point. ;)

      You wash your hands of me, do you? Well, alright then. I'll lie as much as I jolly well please! ;P Haha.

      *returns hugs*

      Delete
    4. Just wanted to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed your reply. :) <3

      Delete