This post is going to be a bullet point post because I feel like stating things matter-of-factly without my usual complicated turn of phrase. (Also, it's late and I have a feeling this will be quicker.) (I just said I had a feeling. I didn't say my feelings are always correct.)
- I BOUGHT A CAR!
- first car ever
- drove it to work twice already
- "smooth as silk" (extra points to anyone who knows that quote)
- trying to think of a name for it
- hoping to write a more detailed post about it sometime in the not too distant future (famous last words)
|Hurray for me! I did it! I bought a car! I made a decision! |
(Natalie, you can be proud. ;))
- I HAVE FIFTY FOLLOWERS!!
- (That means I'm happy about it)
- Well, it is kind of a milestone. You have to admit that.
- Just thank you all so much! You're all so kind and I can't tell you how encouraging it is to know that people actually enjoy reading my writing. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D
- WORKS BEEN GOING WELL!
- Learning a lot of new things
- Shadowing other Front Desk Representatives and observing their routine of checking in guests, entering information into the computer system, answering all the random questions guests bring to them, collecting payments and so on and so forth.
- Still a lot to learn
- August schedule has me starting regular shifts which include staying overnight for a night or two at a time.
- (Will I be ready for it? *gulp* Let us hope so.)
|Why what a question! Of course I'll be ready. |
Things like that don't scare me none. I'm brave.
- WE'RE GOING ON VACATION!!!
- Sunday morning early we leave for Illinois to visit my grandparents for a week
- We'll all be going--married siblings and their families included--22 people in all
- I won't be taking my computer with me so you probably won't be hearing from again until sometime after Sunday the 16th. (Come now. There's no need to get all that excited about it.)
|(Actually this is the sensible side of me celebrating at the prospect of being without internet for a week.) |
(Because the sensible side of me knows I need it.)
- I'VE BEEN READING SO MANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY!!
- Thanks to Natalie who started me on The Blue Castle back in June (I had so much fun reading that!)...
- ...and then recommended (no, insisted) that I read Mara Daughter of the Nile which I decided I'd better do, especially as she wasn't the first to recommend it to me. (Enjoyed that one a lot, too!)
- And now I'm reading Daddy-Long-Legs. And it's such a great feeling to have a book which keeps telling me to pick it up and read it! And which I'm quite happy to oblige! :) (I even read in bed with a flashlight a couple nights this week, and I haven't done that in a long time!)
- I guess that's it.
- Can't think of anything else
- Nothing left to say
- So, so, so
I will show you another good trick that I know
- Actually, I'll just say good-bye
- PIP NOW!
P.S. Speaking of Pip, I've taken up reading Great Expectations to my brother again. We started it...oh, I don't know...over a year ago I guess, and have been neglecting it shamefully ever since. But we're getting back into it, and are enjoying it very much. We came across some excellent quotes the other day but I'm afraid I can't share them with you just now. That will have to wait until another time.