Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Ten things you may or may not have known...

First off, hello everybody!  How are you all this fine January day?  I hope each and every one of you is doing well and having a marvelous week.
 
How was your Christmas?  Mine was quite nice.  I stayed home all day and had a fun and relaxing time with my family.  Just right.  <3
 
 
And now, I just have a few things to say.  And I've decided to conquer my inexcusable habit of taking far too long to write a post so this one is going to be a quicky.  Ready.  Set.  Go.
 
 
TEN THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN
 
1.  It's a new year people!  If you are yet unaware of that fact, I suggest you "get aware"--and right quick, too--because if you want to get any sort of a good look at 2018 you need to take advantage of every single moment.  Judging from past experience it's not going to stick around long.
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!
 
 
2.  It's cold here.  I think maybe it's wintertime?
 
3.  Going to work in the cold is not my cup of tea. 
 
A day off?  Maybe? 
 
Bummer.

Note:  Actually, to be honest, I've had quite a few days off lately because work at the motel has been slowing down of late.  (It's not the season for traveling apparently?)  So yeah, I really have nothing to complain of.  Still it's an awkward fact that the less you work the less you want to work.  And I confess I've been suffering from that malady a good deal lately. 
 
4.  I changed my blog look.  (Like no!  Never would have guessed that!)  ("Thank you for pointing that out, my dear.") 
 
 
What do you think?

5.  I got some really sweet presents for Christmas this year.  Two sets of super cute birthday cards (one from my parents and one from my sister), a lunch bag (with a beautiful floral design), earrings, and lots of candy!  How about you?  What did you get for Christmas?


 
6.  I bought a set of Jane Austen books last month and I'm super happy about them.   I finally own all of them!  That is to say, all except Pride and Prejudice.  That one wasn't included but I figured I'd be able to find a matching copy another time and the price was good for the other five books so...yeah.  HAPPY!  :D
 
 
 
 
7. Believe it or not, there is actually a point at which one's stomach can not handle being stuffed with any more candy.  (Sad, but true.)
 
Trust me.  I know.  It happened to me
just the other day.
 
 
8. However!  There's also a point at which one's stomach comes to it's senses and gets back to the normal routine.  (Oh, happy day!!!)  ("More sudar, marmer.")
 
 
 
9.  What do you know?  I can't think of anything for number 9.
 
10.  Or number 10 either.
 
BUT GUESS WHAT?!!  I wrote this post almost in the space of an hour.  (And that's really something for me, so yay!  I'm so proud of myself right now.  ;)) 
 
 
Well, that's it!  So long everyone!  See you next time!
 
 
 
 
Yours truly,
Miss March
 

20 comments:

  1. MISS MARCH!!!! What a great post. I loved it in all respects. Your pictures were, as always, just right and your new blog look is splendid!! It's so sweet and elegant and perfect!!
    Also, I don't think Donald Duck has ever been so charming as he was assisting with this post. Hahaha.
    I know what you mean about getting time off work and then being reluctant to return.
    Well, I really didn't have so much time for a comment because I should actually be asleep by now but I couldn't resist.
    Happy New Year!!!
    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, CORDY!! I'm so glad you approve. *big huge grin*
      Haha. Well, I certainly had a lot of fun with him. ;D
      Yes! Someone who understands! *hugs*
      You gave up sleep to comment on my post?! Ahhhh! What have I done to deserve such a friend?! :) (Seriously though, I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!! So thank you ever so much!! :))
      Happy, HAPPY New Year, my friend!!!

      ~Miss March

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! You write such cute posts, Miss March! XD

    Happy New Year! <3
    ~ Elanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. Why, thank you! *bows*

      Happy New Year to you, too!! :D

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas!! Your post made me smile, Miss March 😄

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so happy to hear that! Making people smile is what I love to do! :D Thank you for your kind words, Catherine!

      Delete
  4. Huzzah!

    YES. IT'S SO COLD. WHY. (I guess, like you, it can be attributed to winter, BUT STILL.)

    And I love your blog look!!! Winnie-the-Pooh <333 I actually have a little framed picture from one of the movies that I just hung above my bookcase, and it gives me great satisfaction. <3 :D

    Yay for exciting Christmas gifts!! And yay for Jane Austen sets! I'm alllllmost finished with S&S and have loved it. :)

    Fun post, m'dear! Hope your 2018 is off to a terrific start. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "(I guess, like you, it can be attributed to winter, BUT STILL.)" Hahaha. True. But yeah, why must it be so VERY cold??

      Thank you! *grins* And oh yes, I love Winnie the Pooh pictures! They have such a refreshing, relaxing quality to them. Hanging one up in your room sounds like a splendid idea! :)

      I'm so glad you've enjoyed S&S! This is your first time reading it, right?

      Thank you!! 2018 is looking pretty good so far! :) I hope your new year proves to be wonderful as well! *hugs*

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks so beautiful and I LOVE WINNIE THE POOH. And the Donald Duck photos made me chuckle :) Also happy new year and i hope it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany!! :D I hope your new year is great as well!! :D

      Delete
  6. Haha, Donald Duck this time! My little brother loves watching those cartoons.

    Your new design is very cute! Winnie the Pooh. <3

    Oohhh, those Christmas presents sound lovely! I got a jumble of presents (because my birthday is so close they seem to all come at once) but some of them were a copy of "Rilla of Ingleside", the DVDs La La Land and Beauty and the Beast, a new beach bag, a new cap, an exercise mat, a set of weights, lots of candles, soap, and a heap of chocolate and lollies. :D
    (I was very spoiled.)

    Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little brothers enjoy watching those, too. (As do I actually, when I'm in the mood for them. ;))

      Thank you!!

      Oh wow! Such a lot of good things! Have you eaten all your chocolates yet?

      Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I don't mind watching a bit of Donald Duck either, occasionally. ;)

      Haha, good gracious no! I know my limit on chocolate, and I have definitely worked on self control in that area. ;) I was given a giant box of chocolates for my birthday in 2016, and it lasted me a whole year, because I timed it so that I would have chocolate available to me the whole year round. XD

      Delete
    3. A WHOLE YEAR?!! Oh my! You are much, MUCH more disciplined than I am then. I could never keep a box of chocolates for a whole year. It would be gone long before that (unless I somehow forgot about it or something, haha).

      I just took a closer look at your new profile picture. That's Meg from the new Little Women, isn't it? Have you seen the movie yet? (If so, what did you think of it?)

      Delete
  7. I love all the Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh pictures! Such childhood memories... <3

    But I hope you're aware that, due to some rule that I don't know the name of [because I just made it up shhh], you will now find plenty of copies of Pride and Prejudice, yet none in the correct publication/size to match your set. It's an unfortunate fact of a bookworm's life, sadly.
    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      Haha. That's how it works, huh? Oh dear. Why did no one tell me of this rule before I went and bought those books?! ;D

      Delete
  8. Eeeeek, I love the new header it's so cute squeeeeee!!

    5. I got rubber rainboots with multicolored polka dots and I am so unreasonably pleased. It's like being a little girl again. I also got the movie Fiddler On The Roof (have you seen that one??? I thought of you!!) and a new journal and some books and clothes... BUT THE RAINBOOTS.

    6. Oooooh!! Jane Austen!!!

    8. BAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS PERFECT.

    What a lovely fun post!! I'm happy to be back so I can read them!! *hugs* And good job writing it in under an hour. Sometimes I write posts a little bit at a time so it takes me days or months to finish one and other times I bang out an entire fresh post in a few hours. So yes. It depends??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :D

      Aw, your rubber boots sound adorable! *grins*

      5. Yes, I've seen Fiddler On The Roof. We own it actually. Such a great movie!

      6. Only the best. ;)

      8. Heehee. ;D

      Aw, thank you! And I'm so happy to have you back! *returns hugs* Yup. It definitely varies. Some posts take FOREVER to write, but others (thankfully) are a little more considerate and put themselves together quickly. I'm always glad when that happens. :)

      Delete
  9. ((I'm so late))
    LOVE the new look!!! Love hearing from you, this post is so happy!
    Ugh, yes, cold. I hate going anywhere in the cold.
    That's so cool about the Jane Austen books! I have them all except Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey, but none of mine match.
    I love your Demi Brooke quote. :D I'm afraid I quite relate to the sugar problem.
    Love this post, love you!! Sorry I'm so late!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I know! *frustrated sigh* What a horrible person you are, to come so late! Next time, BE ON TIME, okay?!) (Hahahaha. TOTALLY KIDDING!! :D There's no such thing as a late comment around here. Any time is a good time!)

      Aw, THANK YOU! That means a lot! <3

      Ditto, ditto.

      Yeah, I was pretty pumped about it. Still keeping an eye out for Pride and Prejudice.

      Eeek! You got the quote! I was hoping someone would get that! *happy dance* :D But oh yes. Sugar. It really is SUCH a problem, isn't it?

      LOVE YOU, TOO! (And nonsense. You're not late. So you have nothing to be sorry about!! :))

      Delete