Tuesday, August 7, 2018

In which I ramble on about nothing because that's what I do...

*a heavy sigh to start things off*

Ahhhh!  My friends.  It's been awhile.  I do apologize for my unceremonious disappearance.   Life's just been rather busy lately, and I confess I've been greatly lacking in energy and motivation for writing.  A lame excuse probably, but hey!  It is what it is.

Random sunrise picture.  Just because.

I suppose I really ought to do an update post, letting you all know what's been going on with me, but...nah! Not today.  Today I'm in the mood to be dramatic.  Please bear with me.

*clasps hands over heart*

Ah me! 

To write or not to write!  That is the question!

*slaps hand across brow*

To think or not to think! 

To...

Sleep or not to sleep!

(Uhhhh, duh.  NO SLEEP.  Who ever heard of going in for that kind of a time waster?)

I sense thou art making a mockery of me.

I sense thou art talking very silly.  (But yes, of course I mock you...what else am I here for but to mock you?  It is my chief joy and delight to make fun of you and I have to say, you give me many a good opportunity for doing it.  Thanks, old chum.)

You are no chum of mine.

Oh?  Well, that's good.  Things are beginning to look up then.   

I glare at thee with abhorrence. 

I grin at thee with glee! 

Hold it!  You can't grin!  My glares are dreadful.  They fill you with fear.

*raised eyebrow* 

They don't?

*shakes head firmly*

Aww.  Bummer.


Come on, Miss March.  Forget about me.  Get back to what you were saying.

And pray, how am I supposed to forget about you when you're always interrupting me?

Hey!  That's my job.  What's the point of having a second little voice in your head if nobody ever hears it?  You just have to learn to ignore me.

Yeah, right.  Like that's so easy.

Well, I never said I was here to make your life easy.  Now come on.  Get back to what you were saying.

Okay, fine.  But you really disrupted my dramatic build up.  Now I have to start all over.

*strikes dramatic pose*

Ah! Woe is me!

To write or not to write...

(To be able to write.  That is the question.)

To think or not to think...

(To be capable of thinking...yup, another question.)

To sleep or not to sleep...

STOP, STOP, STOP!!! *stomps foot in frustration*  Why do you keep bringing that up?  Sleep has nothing to do with this!

Oh of course.  Of course it doesn't.  Pardon me.  Sleep has nothing to do with this at all...sleep is gone, totally gone.

What ARE you talking about?

You, my dear girl.  I'm talking about you.  And the fact that you are totally and pathetically sleep deprived.  (That means you don't get enough sleep.)

I know what it means, silly!!  What do you think I am, dumb or something

I won't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind.


(That was a movie quote!  Not an opening for an insult.)

Sorry.  My mistake.

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you're very sorry. 

But back to this whole sleep issue.   Who says I don't get enough sleep, I should like to know?

I says.

(You mean, you say.)

(That, too.)
 
Well, I certainly don't see what all the fuss is about.  I sleep every single night, don't I?

Yes.  You do.  But going to bed after midnight can hardly be considered a good night's sleep.  Admit it, you and a good night's sleep have not exactly been buddy, buddy for quite awhile now.  (Actually, were you ever?  *laughs*)

*glares*  You're making fun of me again.

I really am!  *laughs some more*

Well hear this, Smarty Pants.  Maybe some people don't need as much sleep.  And maybe I'm one of those people.

Ha!  You wish. 

WHY DO YOU THINK I NEED MORE SLEEP?

*strikes dramatic pose*  "To write or not to write...to think or not to think"...uhhhh,  your complaining makes me think you need more sleep.  I'm not saying I'm positive about this or anything--I mean, it's just a hunch really--but does it not seem possible that your inability to write--and even to think--might just possibly stem from the fact that your body and mind is worn out, and that from not getting proper rest?? 
 
Oh stop talking so logically.  You annoy me.
 
I sense I am now getting my point across.

Yeah, fine.  Whatever.

So, are you ready to turn over a new leaf and start taking care of yourself?  To stop staying up till all hours of the night watching movies and eating sugar and killing brain cells by the minute?
 
Well, I must confess, what you've said does make a lot of sense.  And I suppose I really ought to give it some very serious thought and consideration...
 
 
Ha!  What are you nuts???  Of course I'm not ready! Bring on those late night movies!  Oh yeah!


And the sad, sad, cycle continues....
 
Tune in next time to hear Miss March say...
 
 
Okay, let me see if I've got this straight.  You want me?  To turn over a new leaf?  Right now? 
 
 
Sorry, pal.  Can't be done.  I just haven't got that kind of willpower. 
 
Pip now!
 
 
P.S.  I'm hoping to be back with a more sensible and informative post soon.  *fingers crossed*  Until then, I hope you're all doing well.  Tell me what you've been up to lately!  I've missed hearing from you. 


20 comments:

  1. I do love Bloggert, or whatever name your second voice happens to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy him, because I'll admit I have quite a bit of fun with him myself. ;) I'd never thought of calling him Bloggert, but that's actually a really cute name. I was a little less creative and just called him Mr. Smart Aleck, haha. ;)

      Delete
  2. MY LOVE, YOU MUST SLEEP.

    (But I feel you and I really don't have any room to talk -- me who's been low-key exhausted for several weeks now, is about to go into another full workday, and doesn't feel the absolute best, but who's still up at 1 am. *shrugs sympathetically* So it goes.)

    Hope you're well on the whole, though! *hugs*

    (Oh, and guess what?! My parents and I are watching Doctor Thorne! Memories :) <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW BUT TELL ME HOW!!!!! ;D

      (Wow. We are WAY too much alike, girl! We should probably talk to Natalie...she goes to bed early, doesn't she? Maybe she can set us straight. Hahaha. ;P)

      Thanks! I've actually been feeling pretty well lately. I hope you've been well, too!! *returns hugs*

      (Awwww!!! <3 <3 <3 And how are you liking it the second time through? Are your parents liking it?)

      Delete
  3. Haha, so glad I'm not the only one guilty of staying up too late watching movies!

    Nice to see you back, Miss March, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear me and I thought I was bad! I've been having to get up at 6:30 on the below-zero (Celsius ;P) mornings to go to work, but I still have trouble getting to bed before 10... it's definitely a struggle. Kinda glad I'm not the only one. ;)

    Hope you get your sleep back! Maybe grab a good sleep in and sleep catch up on the weekend/your next day off? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh. Getting up at 6:30 when it's so cold outside...that does not sound like fun. Poor Gabby. :( But it's so true, even when I know I have to get up early the next morning, it's still so hard for me to get myself to bed at a decent time. The struggle is real, my friend, and no, you are certainly NOT alone in this. :)

      Thanks, dear! I'm actually off tomorrow (which isn't typical for me) so I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit then. :) You get some rest, too. And stay warm!

      Delete
  5. That conversation was funny between you and your inner voice i love it, it made me laugh :) And honestly you're not alone, I'm always going to bed late, but this time I've been going to bed a bit early because I have to get up at around 8:30 and I hate it so much, but I'm dealing with it....slowly but surely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

      And oh, I hear ya! The struggle is real, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Haha I definitely relate to this conversation! My summer's been jam-packed with late nights and full days of work and play. It's a full, fun summer, but it's definitely
    a struggle to get a full 8 hours each night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 hours a night??? Is that even a thing? Hahaha. ;P

      Delete
  7. Yes. I am.
    I have a blog. It's called Life, Love and Chooks. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what I just said.
    *eye roll* Like I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But thanks for telling me all the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT'S THAT CREEPY STALKER EDDY BLAKESTON!!! Miss March, don't speak to him!! ;P

    (I really need to think of a way to "get you guys back" but I'm afraid it'll take me a long time to think of a good joke...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *shakes head* I'm done trying to convince you to sleep. Those who won't help themselves just simply won't be helped, I suppose. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE GIVING UP ON ME??? Wow. Great friend you turned out to be. :P

      Delete
  12. Wait! What? THE CREEPY STALKER'S ON MY BLOG, TOO???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Save me, someone, SAVE ME!!!

    (Heehee. You can try. ;))

    ReplyDelete