Tuesday, February 18, 2020

What ho! What ho! What ho!

Image result for jeeves and wooster gifs


What's up, my friends?

Long time no talky.

I do hope all is well with you.

This year has been quite a busy one for me...but then really (come to think of it) what year isn't busy? 
 
This past year I worked my first full time job ever.  That was something!  I gained quite of bit of confidence from working that much, and quite a bit of money, too.  (Well, a lot of money for me at any rate.  ;))  I also gained a lot of exhaustion, but I won't blame that entirely on work because that wouldn't be fair.  (I regret to inform you that I still have not mastered the art of getting to bed on time on a regular basis.  *sheepish grin*) 
 
I made some new friends in 2019...for whom I am very grateful!
 
I also traveled to see my two very dear friends, Olivia and Natalie.  We stayed at Olivia's house this time, and had ourselves a delightfully fun week.  That was back in May.
 
Love these two so much!
 
I became an auntie again!  Twice actually.  To an adorable nephew and an adorable niece.  I now have three nephews and two nieces, and am very much looking forward to more in the future!!  :D
 
My family moved from our home of seventeen years!  We didn't move far, but it was still quite an upheaval, especially as that was the longest we had ever lived at any one place, and for many of my siblings it was the only home they'd ever known.  It took us a while, but I think we're all pretty well settled into our new home now.  It's weird whenever we drive by the old place though.  Sometimes I still feel twinges of sadness.  There were a lot of good memories in that home!
 
I acquired a new sister-in-law as of January 2020.  She is also the good friend who traveled with me and my sister to England, Ireland, and Scotland back in January 2019.  She was dating my brother at the time, but little did we know as we went sight-seeing around Europe that just one year later we would be able to officially call one another family.  :)
 
So yeah, that's a bit of my year in a nutshell.  There's much more I could say of course, but I think any more details will have to wait for another post.
 
To finish up...I changed my blog look again.  I'm rather happy with it.  It's a simpler, less cluttered look, and it feels fresh and airy.  I like it.  What do you all think?

 

And now, tell me what you've been up to! 
I'd love to hear from you!
 

12 comments:

  1. Miss March! So good to see a post from you! *grins* It does sound like you had a busy year! Working is exhausting, so way to go on having a full time job. :) Nieces and nephews are the best!! And yes, this blog look is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MovieCritic! It's great to hear from you, too. I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. My, oh, my -- dost mine eye deceive me? What light through yonder window breaks? Couldst be an appearance by mine bosom friend, Miss March?

    Seriously, what a happy thing! :D The new blog look is fabulous, as always. And I highly approve of the title/opening gif. ;)

    *fist bump* Look at you, doing the thing, sustaining a full-time job! "You're an inspiration to all of us!" (Seriously, I am proud of you. :) <3)

    AWWWW VISIT MEMORIES <33

    "More details" -- you sly thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verily, it is! And yea, it is a most miraculous occurrence indeed, is it not? (Heehee.)

      I'm so glad you like it! :)

      Thank you, dear! It would have been more impressive if I could have sustained it for a full year, but I guess 10 months of full time work ispretty impressive for a girl like me. ;)

      I KNOW RIGHT???! Such wonderful memories! I love that picture of you and Natalie. It makes me very happy! :)

      Sly is my middle name, haha!! :P

      Delete
  3. WOOAAHHHH SHE ACTUALLY POSTED. :D :D :D :D

    I LOVE the new look. So springy and delightful. <3

    I also loved hearing what your year has been like! I mean, most of it (all of it) was old news, but hey, old news is....better than no news? Or something like that? :P
    I feel like there was something else sort of interesting that happened this year to you, too. But maybe I'm forgetting. I can't even remember what's going on in MY life half the time. xD

    Awww, cute picture of your friends! They look like fun people.

    Okay, I'll stop being ridiculous now. xD

    So glad you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!! WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE??!!! Hahaha. ;)

      Yay! I'm glad you like it!

      Haha. Well, if you'd prefer to have my posts filled with new news for you, I can probably manage that by canceling all our future phone calls. What do you say? ;P ;P
      Hmmm...I wonder greatly what you could have been thinking of. Maybe it was all just a figment of your imagination. ;)

      Oh they are! I must introduce you to them sometime! (Wow though. Way to compliment yourself, girl! Smooth. Very smooth. Heehee.)

      You are ridiculous. I guess that's why you get along so well with me. ;D

      It felt good to post again. It's been so long! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay!! A post from Miss March!! Will wonders never cease?! :O ;)

    Fun post! I think I kind of knew all of the "news" already but it was still fun to read through because you have such an entertaining way of writing. ;)
    Also the blog look is very pretty indeed!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I know. It's pretty crazy to see a post from me, isn't it? ;P

      Well, thanks. :)

      And thanks again. I'm so glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Miss March! What with me having been gone and you having been gone, it's been a while since I've seen the brightness that is your blog. :) It sounds like you've had a lot of happy events over the last year! (And the new blog look is lovely.)

    And, if it's something you're interested in, I've created a tag, and due to being the first person to ever comment on my blog, you've been tagged! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Jem! Hello!! Seeing a comment from you has brightened my day considerably. And wow! It has been so long since I've been tagged for something...this is truly thrilling! I will check it out! I don't have easy access to internet on a daily basis these days so I'm not sure how quickly I will get it done, but I'd definitely like to do it! :) Thanks again!

      And how are you? I remember those early days of commenting on your blog. That was a sweet time. I love that you still have your little owl picture as your profile picture. Makes me happy. :)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
    2. There's no time limit, so whenever you want! (I have tags from more than a year ago...)

      I'm well, and hope you are too! (and my little owl is pleased it can spark a little happiness! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Jem! :)

      Oh he really does! I love your little owl! :D

      Delete