Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Twenty things we love about...

Well, Alyssa, what’s new with you?  It’s been a pretty boring week. Unless...am I forgetting something?
 

I don’t think so, Natalie.  No.  Last week was pretty uneventful, I’d say.  Nothing exciting happening at all. Unless...wait.  It seems to me that perhaps there might have been something that we’re both forgetting about. 
 

Really?? I can’t imagine what…

There wasn’t someone having a birthday last week was there?

Oh no. We haven’t FORGOTTEN, have we???
 

*scratches head* I don’t see how we could forget something so important as a good friend’s birthday…

Okay, so maybe we didn't actually forget... *cough-cough*
 
 
Of course we didn't!  All of that was put on entirely for suspense.  We knew all along that last week was a special week, for it was the birthday week of a very special friend.  And what friend could that possibly be, do you think?

Only one of the bestest friends ever and most delightful bloggers in the blogosphere…

And her name is…

(Both together now)

OLIVIA!!

 
Yes, our dear sweet Olivia had a birthday last week!

Surprise!! Happy happy birthday, Livvy!

And many happy returns of the day, dear friend!!!

~*~

In honor of our dear friend Olivia, we wanted to write about how much we love her—-and what an amazing, talented, all-around fantastic person she is. In fact, we have TWENTY reasons for this.


~Twenty things we love about Olivia~

{1}

She is such a fun person.  Her mannerisms and expressions when she gets talking on certain topics are adorably cute and I wish I could describe to you how altogether delightful she is when she gets into one of her very expressive moods.  “Splash!” ;P
 
{2}

She’s such a good listener. Whenever you talk to her, you can tell she’s hearing everything you say and eager to do so. I always feel encouraged by her caring, supportive way of listening. ♥  And beyond that, she takes time to reach out and ask if you’re doing, too. I went through a hard event this week and Olivia texted a couple times to see how I was doing. Thank you again, friend!!!
 
{3}

She’s said before that she doesn’t have great talent for novel writing, but oh my word, was she wrong!!  I read her Susan story!  I know.  (Really, people, it was so good.  So beautiful and moving.  God has definitely blessed her with a gift for writing and I can’t wait to see how He will continue to use that gift in her life!)
^^ *agrees wholeheartedly.
 
This picture looks lopsided.  Let's call it artistic.  :P
 
{4}

She’s got a beautiful soprano voice and someone needs to cast her in a musical soon. Her talent is waiting to be shared with the world!  (Here, here!)

{5}

Her insight into spiritual matters and her deep yearning after the Lord is truly beautiful.  Even through the hard times, when worries begin to creep in and pull her down (like they do with so many of us), she doesn’t give up.  God is the one she runs to, and her testimony of His faithfulness is a beautiful one.
(Agree again! She’s such an encouraging and inspiring sister in Christ.)

{6}

She’s just plain fun to be around. The plethora of jokes and inside jokes you can have with her is never ending, and the humor she appreciates ranges from witty classic literature to vines on youtube. In other words, there’s always something to laugh at together and her humor is infectious. :)  (I know I laugh, even when I haven’t a clue what “vine” she and Natalie are talking about!  Heehee. ;))

{7}

She was the third person who ever commented on my blog (Aww, I didn’t know that!) and that makes me so happy!  Because at the time I hadn’t a clue we would end up being such close friends, and yet here we are!  Thanks, Livvy, for taking that first step and reaching out to me the way you did.  That meant so much to me.  And the way you’ve continued to build on that initial meeting and truly show an interest in getting to know me better, that means even more!  You know what it means to be a true friend!
 
 
 
{8}

Inspired by the above point, I must say how grateful I am too for the way friendships grow out of the little gestures. Olivia and I first connected through commenting back and forth about BBC Robin Hood. And here we are, years later with a friendship more like being sisters...and it all started with a conversation about a small, low-budget tv show. (Which, for the record I still think is an absolutely amazing show, and will always be special to me because of our friendship. :))

{9}

Olivia is a very caring person.  Staying at her house for a week and half this year I got to see first hand how much she does to serve and care for her family on a daily basis. Her patient attitude and constant consideration for those around her is truly inspiring.

{10}

Her tastes in books and movies are the best. If she recommends something to me, I’m already pretty certain I will like it. (Which is why YES I still will try to watch Secondhand Lions, you two. ;P)  (You really must! ;P) (Okay I will!! ;D)

{11}

Yes, and speaking of her great taste...her decorating skills are top notch!  Visiting her home in May I noticed that her room in general was just super cute, but in particular…oh my!  It was the light switch in her room that really made my day.  It had a picture of Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin on it, my friends!!  Like how adorable is that?  And she had another Pooh picture hanging up in her room as well, which made me quite happy.  Because Winnie the Pooh equals much adorableness and therefore much happiness.  <3
 
 
{12}

She’s an expert at making macaroni and cheese. No, really! You must ask her to make some for you.  (And don’t worry, I have a feeling that she will always remember from henceforward that draining the water out of the noodles before you add the butter is indeed a thing. ;)  You should be safe.) (But watch her, just in case. ;P)
 
{13}

Okay, so to those of you who have read Olivia’s blog, it will be no surprise to you that she loves books, but I just have to give a shout out for how every time she goes into a thrift store she makes a beeline for the book section, and rarely ever comes away without at least purchasing one book to add to her personal library.  I do not have this talent myself.  And so I tip my hat to her, for she is an example of a true story lover.  And that’s something special.  :)
(She’s known as “the girl who comes here and buys books” to one of the thrift stores!)

{14}

She’s absolutely gorgeous, as you can tell by her photos. Problem is, she doesn’t quite believe this...Alyssa and I are still working on changing her mind in that regard, but feel free to help out. ;P

And of course, more importantly, she’s even more beautiful inside, with her vibrant personality and sensitive, caring heart. She’s truly one in a million, and worth even more.  (Amen!  Preach it, sister!!)

{15}

She has some very adorable phrases which she says quite a lot.  One in particular is the “I need this in my life!” one.  This one makes me smile.  It’s just the way she says it.  Like in the post we wrote together back in May 2018; we were talking about watching youtube clips of Jesse and Michelle from Full House and this was Olivia’s reaction: “I'm so glad these two started fangirling over them, too!  I discovered these clips a month or so ago and quietly died from the sheer adorb.  I NEED THIS SHOW IN MY LIFE.”   (*grins* And the way she says “adorb”, too.  I love it!)

{16}

She’s so fun to fangirl with. Whether it’s by exchanging fanvideos of Captain Swan or squealing with over Jack and Lucy in While You Were Sleeping, she’s always down to get excited about stories and I love that about her. 

{17}

Yes, and she’s also quite fun to discuss “those couples we do not like” with.  She and I recently discovered that we have a mutual dislike (or at least a mutual “like-hate” relationship) for Bates and Anna from Downton Abbey.  We agreed that there are times when we can almost get into their story and feel things for them, but overall we find them extremely confuzzling and many times just plain annoying.  And we have yet to fully comprehend how Bates and Anna have acquired so many raving fans.  Because...seriously!  They are typically considered to be the perfect, moral couple...but I’m not convinced.  I see problems, people!  I really do.  (And so does Olivia.  And so we join together in our mutual dislike and oh how happy that does make us.  Heehee.  ;))

{18}

When it comes to *ahem* romantic prospects or interests, Olivia and I share an uncanny ability to understand one another and our Rather Silly Feelings. I mean, we love a lot of the same fictional heroes...and we may or may not have both liked very similar guys in real life as well. It can be rather a problem sometimes. (But in a very funny way ;))

{19}

Olivia has a very tender heart.  And a particularly tender heart for animals.  Which is why she cannot understand why I find myself happier when at a safe distance from the dog or the cat or whatever it may be.  But here’s the thing!  Even while she doesn’t understand this oddity in me, and cannot relate to me on this matter, she doesn’t allow that to draw us apart in any way.  We love each other for our differences as well as for the things in which we are alike, and that is beautiful.

{20}

Lastly, we both just want to express how GRATEFUL we are for Olivia and the friendship we three are able to share. Right, Alyssa? Oh my!! YES!!  I couldn’t agree more! I’m learning more and more how precious TRUE friends are in this world and I feel incredibly blessed by the threesome-friendship we share. Who would have ever expected such a wonderful thing??  Who indeed?  And yes, we are incredibly blessed!!  God is so good to us!
 
 
Happiest of happy birthdays to you, dear friend!! You are very loved!!  <3
 

5 comments:

  1. YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! 😭😍😭😍. You're going to make me CRY!

    Gah. I don't even know what to say. I have the best friends in the world and that's that.

    *major hugs* (I'm sure I'll say more later but I'm a little lost for words at the moment. ;). THANK YOU!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Good crying I hope. ;)

      Well, it's easy to be a good friend when you've got good friends to be a good friend to! (That was a confusing sentence, that was! :))

      I'm just so glad you liked it!!! *huge hugs* Love you so much! <3

      Delete
  2. I love that you guys did this! Way to go!! :) Happy birthday, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete