Sunday, December 13, 2020

12 Delights of Christmas Tag

I was just saying to myself the other day that I wished someone would tag me because I really needed an idea for a post...and also some insensitive to write it!  And now, what do you know?  My dear friend, Gabby, has gone and done exactly that!   Thank you, Gabby!!! So much!

Gabby (who blogs at this lovely little spot) tagged me with an original tag by Heidi (whose blog can be found here).  It's a lovely Christmas tag.  Perfect for this time of year!  And so without further ado, I present to you...


1.  A favorite Christmas tradition?
Exchanging names with siblings and then going to the store all together and trying to buy presents for each other without letting the person whose name you drew know that you have them or what you are getting them.  Makes for some very interesting situations.  

A sibling standing at the end of the isle, staring straight at you, provokingly, as you try to search for the perfect gift.  "Shoo!  Go away, sibling, go away!"

Or learning the tricky art of shuffling around the store attempting to hide what you've chosen without actually putting it inside your coat because, well, obviously, you don't want someone to think you're stealing it!  That would be awful!  "No, officer.   I wasn't stealing it.  I was just hiding it for a minute!  That's all!  Honest!"

2.  Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?
Stay inside, surely!  It's so much fun to stay cozy and warm inside and watch the snow falling so prettily outside your window.

3.  Tea or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate.  

4.  Favorite Christmas colors (i.e. white, blue, silver, gold, red and green etc)?
I lean more towards a combination of red and gold, rather than blue and silver.  The blue and silver tones are really pretty but I like the warmer colors best.  

For example, the ornaments on our Christmas tree

5.  Favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
Iced sugar cookies are one of my favorites!  They're so good!

6.  How soon before Christmas do you decorate (more specifically, when does your tree go up)?
I'm not sure.  I think growing up my family used to put the tree up about three weeks before Christmas (at least that's one number that sticks in my head), but it was sort of different from year to year, so I really can't say for sure.  This year my husband and I went out and bought our little tree the last weekend in November.  I have no idea if that will become a traditional time for us or not.  We shall just have to wait and see.

Our first Christmas tree.  How do you like it?
My husband christened him Henry.  I don't know why.


7.  Three favorite traditional Christmas carols?
"It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", "Joy to the World", and "What Child Is This?"

8.  A favorite Christmas song (i.e. something you might hear on the radio)?
"White Christmas"?  Maybe?  I don't know.

9.  A favorite Christmas movie?
It's a Wonderful Life.  


10.  Have you ever gone caroling?
I have.  Not very often, but the last time I remember doing it was for my grandparents several years ago.  We used to go over to their house every week for supper, but at the time we hadn't seen them for a couple weeks because my grandpa had been in the hospital.  We dropped by one evening and started singing outside their back door.  They were in the middle of a game of SkipBo and were quite surprised and pleased to see us there.  I remember what a joyful thing it was to go inside and give them hugs and spend that little bit of time with them.

11.  Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snow boarding?
I'm going to go with sledding as that is the one option out of these four that I've ever done.  And also the one option that I feel more confident in doing without inflicting too great of bodily harm upon myself.

12.  Favorite Christmas feast dish?
The dessert?  (Does that count?)

Thank you again, Gabby, for tagging me!  It was great fun!  And thank you, Heidi, for creating this tag!  I enjoyed it very much!! :D

And now for my nominations.  
I tag:



Merry Christmas, everyone!  
I hope this Christmas season proves to be a joyous one for you all!!  

18 comments:

  1. Miss March! It's so jolly to see you! Lovely answers, m'dear. Oh yes, my mom and siblings are masters at the, "Hey, come look at this!", while the other buys their presents. We are so sneaky like that. Heehee. Ah, "Henry" is a very nice tree! Thank you for sharing the pictures. :) I hope that all is going well with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, haha, one must learn to be sneaky at Christmastime, that's for sure! ;) You are most welcome, and thank you! Henry was very pleased to receive such a compliment. :) I'm doing quite well! I hope you are, too! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh, and yes all the way!!! It's A Wonderful Life is the best Christmas movie EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas shopping tradition. I did that once with my family too and we had fun making sure no one saw their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that your family did that one year, too! That's so fun!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, so glad you got the tag and loved your answers!! <3 Agreed about the Christmas colors. They're all so pretty but the warmer glowy colors make me happiest. Your Christmas tree is delightfully charming. And YES on sledding. I have gone skating and am fascinated by the others, but I'm afraid my sense of self preservation is too strong to do all the daring things I dream of. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for creating the tag! It was so nice to have a Christmas themed post to do! :)

      Haha. I know what you mean. There are so many things that sound like they would be cool to do, but I'm afraid I'm far more daring in my mind sometimes than in reality. :)

      Delete
  5. Henry the Christmas tree...I love it! XD (also congrats, even though I'm a bit late!!!)

    Thanks for the tag, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles at your remark about Henry* :D (And, aww, thanks!)

      And you are quite welcome!

      Delete
  6. Aww, yay! I'm so glad you filled this out! And thank you so much for the shout-out. You're so sweet. :) <3

    Haha, I love your family tradition! My, that sounds like a challenge.

    Your Christmas tree is so cute!

    Ohh, I almost put "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" as one of my top carols as well! That's such a pretty one - I love the tune (and the words). <3

    Aww, the idea of your family interrupting your grandparents playing a game of Skipbo with some caroling makes me really happy. :D

    Haha of course the dessert counts. xD

    I loved reading your answers! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :) And thank you again so much for tagging me! I really appreciated it!

      Thank you for comment! It's always good to hear from you!! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, too!!! (Even though it's a day late.)

      Delete
  7. Hello, dear friend!

    Just a quick note here to let you know I tagged you. You don't have to fill it out, but if it strikes your fancy...
    https://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/2021/01/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    Yours truly,
    Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's always fun to be tagged! I'll check it out! :)

      Delete
  8. Joy to the World is a wonderful carol! And I can feel how important family is to your Christmas, which is lovely <3

    Thank you for tagging me, Miss March! (Even if I have just now returned to my blog... a Christmas tag in February would be quite in character for me, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Jem! (I'm glad you found time to fill it out, even if it was late! Reading a Christmas tag in February can be just as enjoyable as reading it in December! :))

      Delete