Thursday, July 16, 2015

Nominated for two Awards!

Olivia, from Meanwhile, In Rivendell... has nominated me once again for an award.  Thanks, Olivia! 

Actually, she nominated me for two awards!  Each award contains eleven questions, so...whew!...I'd better get busy!

First off is the Infinity Dreams Award:


Rules being:
1.  Thank and link to the blogger/s who nominated you.  (THANK YOU, OLIVIA!)
2.  Answer the 11 questions.  (Will do.)
3.  Nominate/tag eleven bloggers and ask them eleven questions.  (Well...I might fudge the rules a bit there.)

#1.  Do you have a hero (someone who has inspired you)?
My father, probably.  I don't usually refer to anyone as my hero, but he would be the closest to that description, I'm thinking.  :)

#2.  Books touch us all: which book or story has touched you in particular?
Some that come to mind are:
Little Women (by Lousia May Alcott)
The Chronicles of Narnia (by C.S. Lewis)
The Knowledge of the Holy (by A. W. Tozer)
The Lord of the Rings (by J.R.R. Tolkein)
Stepping Heavenward (by Elizabeth Prentiss)

#3.  What was one of the most ridiculous things you have done in front of a stranger?
I tipped the cart over in the grocery store when I was around 8 years old.  I was standing on the side of it and then all of sudden it all went over.  I'm pretty sure the cashier saw me.  And, yeah, it was very embarrassing.

#4. Do you have any pastimes or hobbies?
I like to crochet and knit...though I haven't done very much of that recently.  I also like to read, and watch movies, and have long talks with the members of my family.

#5.  What is a book or movie that you fangirl over excessively?
Well, if you asked my siblings they would probably tell you that I'm slightly obsessed over The Donna Reed Show.  However, I don't tend to go overboard on the fangirling, because I'm afraid most people would not share my enthusiasm...and then of course I would be very embarrassed!  :)

#6.  What are some of your life's goals/dreams (say as little or as much as you like...)?
I really want to be a wife and mother.  Also, I'd love to write a novel someday...though I guess that's more of a dream than a goal since I haven't done much toward accomplishing it.  I never can seem to get my thoughts sufficiently organized to get any of my stories down on paper.  Most importantly, though, I want to accomplish God's will for my life, whatever that may be.

#7.  What is something you wished you were better at? 
Transferring my thoughts to paper.  That would be so helpful!

#8.  What character from a book or movie do you love?
Well, honestly, one of my favorite movie characters right now is Jeff Stone, from The Donna Reed Show. 


Probably most people wouldn't share my enthusiasm for him but I just really like his character!  He's entertaining...and funny...and loveable.  :)  Not perfect by any means, but such a dear heart when he wants to be.  (Of course, the annoying thing about TV shows is that you can't always be sure about a character since they often tend to change as the show goes on.  At least that's what I've noticed.  So I'll just say for the record, that I like Jeff particularly in the fourth season, and I really hope he stays the same throughout the whole series.)

#9.  What character from a book or movie do you hate?
Oooh.  One of those.  Well, the first one that comes to mind is Rigaud from Little Dorrit.  He is perfectly horrid.

#10.  Have you ever cried when reading a book?
Well, I'm not sure that I've ever cried, cried...like sobbed or anything...but I have almost cried.  It was several years ago, while I was reading Jo's Boys.  I got to the part where Dan is locked up in prison and...yeah...it just kind of got to me.

#11.  Where would your dream vacation be?
We've never done huge vacations, so vacation in my mind usually spells "Grandma and Grandpa's house."  I guess that would be dream enough for me.  ...Hey!  I was just there!  What do you know?  Dreams can come true!  :D
Okay, moving on to the second award...


Rules:
1.  Answer the eleven questions of the tagger.
2.  Share eleven facts about yourself.
3.  Nominate up to eleven other bloggers
4.  Ask those nominees eleven new questions.

#1.  Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
I have a mug with a picture of a robin on it which is the mug I usually drink out of when we're having hot chocolate.  It's about the only one I own so I guess it's my favorite.  Oh, and that little yellow mug that I used to drink out of when I was little...that's special, too.

#2.  Are you an adventurous eater?  (Do you try "strange" foods?)
Not if I can help it.  I did finally try pickles the other year and decided I liked them.  Oh, but that's not very strange, is it?

#3.  What fandoms are you into?
None, I guess.

#4.  What famous author/book do you not really care for?
I did not like Pollyanna very much.  I got part way through it and stopped because it was annoying me.  Also the Anne books.  I read quite a few of them and enjoyed them, but then they got annoying, too, because every character had their little thing that they were always saying and it got a little too repetitive.  For me, anyway.

#5.  What obscure author/book are you nuts about?
I don't know that I'm actually nuts about it, but one of my favorite books is The Fisherman's Lady by George MacDonald.  Also the sequel, The Marquis' Secret.  Those are both excellent books.

#6.  What's the oldest movie you've ever watched? 
Well, I can't remember every single movie I've ever watched so I can't say for certain, but I guess one of the oldest ones would be the 1933 version of Little Women, starring Katharine Hepburn.  However, it's been a long time since I watched that movie, and I don't really remember it, so I'm going to include another old movie, which I like better.  Captain's Courageous.  This one was made in 1937.


#7.  What did you have for breakfast today?
Cereal.  Frosted Shredded Wheat, to be precise.

#8.  When did you first see your favorite movie?
I don't have an absolute favorite movie, so I'll just choose Pride and Prejudice (1995).  I don't actually remember the first time I saw it but I know I was under the age of seven.  I have a vague recollection of waking up from a nap and having my sisters descend upon me, telling me all about this new movie they had just started watching.  They were already divvying out characters for us to play and said I could be the "funny girl," Lydia.  :)  (We were all too young to realize what kind of a character Lydia really was.  Ha ha!)

#9.  Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi?
Definitely not sci-fi.  I've never really read any, but I've always considered it too weird for my tastes.  I like some fantasy (Narnia and Lord of the Rings) so I guess I would have to go with fantasy over sci-fi.

#10.  What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
Eeek!  I don't know.  I was really into a certain movie version of Nicholas Nickleby when I started so I guess I expected to do a little more writing on that particular subject.  As it happened, I got a little sidetracked and have not mentioned it once! 

#11.  Has it changed?  If so, how?
Not very much, I guess, since I didn't have a definite plan for what I wanted my blog to be like.  I'm still trying to figure it out.


Thanks again, Olivia, for nominating me!  These questions were a lot of fun!

I'm going to skip the eleven facts about myself because I'm already talked out and have nothing else to say at the moment :)  Also, I'm going to break all the other rules and not ask any new questions or nominate anyone.  I hope that's okay.

...I need to get away from this computer!

13 comments:

  1. I love long talks with family members, too!

    I LOVE your answer for #6. Being a someday wife and mother is my ultimate "career" dream, too. :) And yes! Writing a novel! I am actually very close to finishing a book I'm writing....whenever I think about the possibility of publishing it and holding my very own book in my hands......oh my!!! ;) I get so thrilled just dreaming about it!
    And yes! Doing God's will is definitely my most important "life goal", too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Natalie, that's wonderful that you're close to finishing a book! I can hardly imagine ever being at that point myself. I have tons of story ideas in my head, but they're all so vague, and I always get stuck whenever I try to start one. I hope you will be able to hold your own published work someday! That would be amazing!

      *high five* for wanting to be a wife and mother! That's one of the best career choices ever! :)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
    2. Miss March,
      Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement! :D
      I really hope you can write a book some day too! It sounds like you have the same dilemma I used to have. I would have tons of ideas and have about 3 different stories going at once....I never really made it past a few pages with most of them. :/ So keep writing! I'm sure the more you practice and try, the closer you will get to finding that ONE idea that will really stick with you and MAKE you write it. :) That's pretty much what happened with my story, haha. Now hopefully I can stick with it till the end....

      And yes!! It certainly is one of the best career choices ever! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Natalie! I do need to work harder at it. Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be enough time...or inspiration! Thank you so much for your encouragement, though. Maybe spending time around all of you other writers will give me more incentive to write. I certainly hope so! :) It's cool to be surrounded by so many others who enjoy writing!

      ~Miss March

      Delete
    4. Miss March,
      Yes!! Time and inspiration...sigh. I can completely relate!
      Oh, I hope we do help inspire you! I can actually say with confidence that reading about other bloggers' writings helped encourage me...so hopefully it will do the same for you!
      Yes, it is VERY cool to be surrounded by other writers. :) It's so fun to be able to talk about writing with other people who "get it" and enjoy it as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I loved your answers. You know, sometimes I think tag posts are rather boring, but there are some people that can really pull it off and you're one of those. :-)

    My dream is to be a writer. :-) I have written several childrens books, but I'm afraid really having them published is still a dream. It's so hard to pursue that career because so many people have the same dream. :-/
    UGH YES! Rigaud. He's sudderably awful. :-O
    I definitely cry when reading. I cried my head off whilst reading 'The Book Thief', and 'Rilla of Ingleside' ALWAYS makes me cry. Goodness, it's so saaaad. Have you read it?
    Yup! Same here! 'Grandma and Granddad's house it the BEST place for a vacation! Especially when their house is filled with books, like my grandparent's have. It's an AWESOME place. I looove it. :-)
    Really? You don't like the Anne books? I am not particularly fond of the last books (NOT counting Rilla of Ingleside) but the first, 'Anne of Green Gables', is one of my favouritest books EVER. :-P
    Hee! When I was little I loved Lydia. Had no idea how flirty and naughty she was. :-) Kudos for you to have the best movie ever as your favourite too. P&P95 IS the best. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks, Naomi! That's so encouraging. I'm glad you enjoyed my answers!

      I hope you do get your books published someday. That would be so neat. I guess it is pretty difficult, though. Would you ever consider self-publishing? I know that's not the same as real publishing...you probably wouldn't have as large of a readership...but at least someone would be enjoying your stories. (By the way, I still want to hear more of your "Pen-Enemy" story. I was just getting into it by the end of the second post...and then it was all over!)

      I've never read Rilla of Ingleside. I think I got stuck on Rainbow Valley. I enjoyed the Anne books the first time I read them. It was while reading them aloud to some of my younger siblings that they started to annoy me. Maybe I should try them again, though. It's been a while. On the subject of L. M. Montgomery, have you ever read Jane of Lantern Hill? That's probably my favorite of her books.

      Oh yes! Lydia! It's funny what a different impression you get of her as you grow older! ;)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
    2. Aww! Thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed 'Pen-Enemy.' I finished that a while ago, although I'm still in the editing process. I have self-published a few books, but I don't count that as 'publishing' because seriously hardly ANYONE spots them.

      Oh! I love Jane of Lantern Hill! I actually like all Montgomery's books. :-)

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
    3. You finished it? Wow! It must be so wonderful to actually finish a book. I have never had that experience myself. :) I understand what you mean about self-publishing. It really isn't the same as having your book published by an actual publishing company. I do hope that dream will come true for you someday.

      I know, right? Jane of Lantern Hill is such a darling book! :)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
  3. Eeeeek! Thanks for filling this out, Miss March!:D

    Oh my goodness. Your list of books that have touched you…YES! I've read all of those except 'The Knowledge of the Holy' (and that looks really cool), so I definitely empathize! Those are some of the bestest stories EVER. I can't believe I didn't include 'Little Women' and 'Stepping Heavenward'! My babies! Haha :)

    Oooh, I really want to see that version of 'Little Women'--'cause, you know, Katharine Hepburn;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU, Olivia, for tagging me! :) I had a lot of fun doing it!

    Oh, and that's so cool that you've read most of the books on my list. You can truly understand then how wonderful they are!

    I take it you like Katharine Hepburn. ;) Well, then you really should try and see that version of Little Women. It wasn't my favorite version (from what I can remember of it) but I'm very hard to please when it comes to Little Women. I've seen three different versions and I'm not totally sold on any of them. I haven't seen the Katharine Hepburn one for ages!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeheeee! Lovely post!
    I hate to tell you this but I nominated you as well :D You can answer in the comments though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Evie! I love being tagged! I will go and answer your questions right now! :D

    ReplyDelete