Thursday, May 3, 2018

Three years of blogging // Plus a new blog look // Plus a very insignificant little game...

~ The New Look ~
 
First off, the new look! As you can see, I finally revamped my blog for Spring.  I'm a little late perhaps, but honestly the weather has been so changeable around here it's been really hard to decide whether we were truly headed into Spring or just having another warm day between snowfalls.  (Also, time goes by so fast, and I admit, changing my blog design hasn't exactly been at the top of my list of things to do.)
 
So there you are!  What do you think of it?  I was obviously in the mood for something colorful.  (I may have perhaps gone a bit overboard on that but...nah!  I like it.)
 
Also it's another Winnie the Pooh themed look.  Don't ask me why.  It just sort of worked out that way. 
 
 
~Three Years of Blogging ~
 
Well what do you know?  Sunshiny Corner turned three years old on Saturday.  Ain't that somethin'?  (Actually, three years doesn't sound like all that long but whatever.  Let's make a bit deal about it anyway.)

*throws confetti*

(Oooooh.  Confetti.  What a mess.  That was not a good idea.  Now I have to clean it all up.  *groan*  What a way to start the day.)

I feel like I should say something profound about all the great things that have happened to me since I started blogging but I honestly don't know where to start.  I've made so many good friends and been so encouraged and inspired and...stressed...and stressed...and stressed...okay guys, I can't talk about serious subjects when I'm picking up confetti.  Give me a break!  (Actually, I'm not even sure how I'm able to type while picking up confetti but...that's beside the point.  *cough*)

Seriously though, I was not entirely joking about the stress factor.  Blogging has been stressful...and discouraging at times...but the pros far outweigh the cons and I'm so glad I've stuck with it this long. 

Mostly I'm just thankful for all of you.  My faithful readers.  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for sticking with me. 

For enduring my nonsensical writings. 

For leaving delightful comments and encouraging and blessing me in so many ways. 

For being my friends.

You all mean so much to me.  Just...thank you.  *group hug*

 
 And now for the good old blogging stats.  Let's hear 'em!
 
Pageviews:  37,892
Number of Posts Published: 141 (counting this one)
Top five most viewed posts: 
Followers: 62
 
Right.  That was all extremely interesting, wasn't it?  (cough-cough)
 
Moving along...
 
 
 
~The Insignificant Little Game~
 
When I first started blogging I was really concerned about not revealing my real name over the internet, or sharing a picture of myself or anything like that.  However, I'm much less worried about that now than I used to be.  In fact, I've decided that the time has come for you to know the girl behind the secret identity. 

*drumroll*
 
Of course, being me, I can't just say "My name's Matilda, and here's a picture of me".  That would be boring.  So we're going to play a little game. 

Multiple choice.  Choose which name you think is mine, and which picture you think is me. 

(Is this cruel of me?  I have a feeling I would hate having to guess at such a thing.  But then of course you're not me so...maybe you don't mind?   Okay, don't tell me.  Just play the game.  It's only three questions.  How hard can it be?) 

1.  My name
 

 
2.  My hair
 
 
 
3.  My eyes
 


Well, that's it.  Happy guessing!  Answers will be coming next week.  (Or whenever I get around to it.  ;))  

"T.T.F.N.  Ta-ta for now!!"
 

23 comments:

  1. OHHH HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY FRIEND!!!

    I'm gonna do the quiz even though it's kind of not fair because... yeah
    C
    B
    B

    ;-)
    Haha, I'm curious how many of your other readers will guess right tho. :-)

    Love your blog <3
    N x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naomi!!! <3 <3

      Oh nonsense. It's totally fair for you to play. I knew it would be easier for some of you than for others, but it's still fun to have you all guess!

      Heehee. Me, too. ;)

      Aw, THANK YOU!! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on 3 years, Miss March, dear! *throws more confetti* (Don't worry, I'll clean that up for you.)

    Haha, a game! Let's see...I'm probably going to do really terrible at this. But I will give it a go.

    Name: ...I am between A and D here...let's go with A?
    Hair: C...not an educated guess. It's simply because I love the flower.
    Eyes: A. I guess I kind of always assumed your eyes to be blue. *shrugs* No idea why.

    Also, I like the new look. Especially the colorful, floral wallpaper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, ELANOR!! (And aww, you're a life-saver. Thanks so much, because I was REALLY getting tired of picking up confetti. ;))

      Eeek! Thanks for playing. I'm having too much fun with this. :)

      Aw, yay! I'm so glad you like it. And yes, I really love the floral wallpaper, too. That's what I started with actually, and then made the header to match it. :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, my guesses are as follows...

    1. C.
    2. B.
    3. C again.

    *shifty eyes* I hope that's not COMPLETELY wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogging Anniversary sweet friend!! :D Ooh a game how fun! I'll be back to play it once I've finished up some programming for tomorrow's concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MISS MARCH!!!! I ADORE THE NEW LOOK!!! It's so colorful and springish and totally lovable!! This look can stay for as long as you please!!! :D <3 And all the members of the 100 Acre Wood involved too, how splendid?!

    Happy (late) birthday to your blog! I'm so glad you've hung around for so long. :D And I didn't find the stats to be boring in the least.

    Awww, man!! I was so excited for the game until I saw it was partial pictures of you. I thought I was going to nail this, and now I'm worried. Hmmm. Here goes nothing,
    1. C (that's a real nail-biter.)
    2. B...or D...I can't make a final decision. And neither of them are right I'm sure. I have terrible luck, you know. Haha.
    3. Oh me oh my, are you there in B?

    Haha, I'm going to feel terrible if I fail your game. How dreadfully embarrassing. I shan't know what to do with myself. Truly.

    Lovely post!! Great look!! Fun game!! Have a great weekend!!!!! :D

    ~Cordy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh! I can always count on Cordy to make me smile! :D Thanks so much for your enthusiasm, my dear. And I think this new look will stick around for a while. At any rate, I'm really liking it and I don't know that I'll have a lot of time to fuss with another one very soon.

      THANK YOU!!! :D

      *evil laugh* That's right. No free rides here. It's gotta be a challenge for everyone. Haha. ;)

      Hey, don't worry! If you miss 'em all that's fine. You're not supposed to know this stuff anyway, right? I mean, this is top secret information, girl! ;D

      Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! AND SAME TO YOU!!!! :D

      ~Miss March <3 <3

      Delete
  6. I LOVE WINNIE THE POOH!!

    And ahh, congrats at 3 years!! That IS an achievement! (And it really doesn't feel that long...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to post a picture after we all guess?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on three years of blogging! That's a wonderful accomplishment, and I look forward to every post you do, Miss March!

    OH FUN! Let me see how good I am:

    1. Alyssa
    2. answer B.
    3. answer c.

    (how did I do?)

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thank you so much, Catherine! <3

      (Heehee. You'll just have to wait and see. ;))

      Delete
  9. Ahhh, congrats on three years! *I'M* so glad you've stuck with it this long!! I'm sorry it's been stressful at times. :( But I get it. (Also, I'm sorry for how often I have NOT been a faithful follower/commenter! Thanks for always understanding. :)) Thank YOU for being such a terrific friend and sister in Christ! I love you muchly and I'm very glad and blessed that you're in my life. You've been such an inspiration and encouragement to me. <333

    And aaahhhh, I love this blog look! Pssshh, of course you didn't go overboard with the color. No. No, you did NOT. I say that very decidedly, Jeeves.

    Ahhh (okay, every sentence in this comment is starting with the word "Ahhh"?!?!), I remember your Love Comes Softly post. It WAS witty, my dear. ;D

    As to the game . . . well, I kind of already know . . . so . . . ;) The only one I'm not certain about is the hair pic. Is it B?? (Also, you have such nice eyes. One can really see the smile in them. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, OLIVIA!!! <3 (And you HAVE been a faithful follower. You've been here since the beginning and that is no small thing!!) Awww! You're the sweetest. Thanks. For all of that. That really means a lot to me. AND I LOVE YOU, TOO!! *hugs*

      Your reference to Jeeves. *grins* I guess that's settled then. :)

      :D

      Aww, thanks! <3

      Delete
  10. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I am so glad you decided to start!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY THREE YEARS! *throws more confetti*

    Oops. I don't have time to clean that up. You're on your own. Sorry. :P

    Your new blog look is delightful. :)

    Haha. Blogging stresses you? No! I never would have guessed that. (Actually, I have my own blog related stresses I need to talk to you about sometime soon...)

    I'M SO GLAD YOU STARTED A BLOG THREE YEARS AGO. *hugs tight*

    Oooh, a game! How fun; I hope I win. :D
    1. B You definitely seem like an Alicia to me.
    2. A All the hair looks alike! This is hardly fair!
    3. A Those are DEFINITELY your eyes. I just know it.

    I am REALLY confident about my guesses to this game. ;D ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! :D :D :D

      Oh wow. *eye roll* What a sympathetic, considerate, kind-hearted friend you turned out to be! Ugh and double ugh. :P

      Aw, thaaaaaaaanks. ;)

      Of course you wouldn't. Because I never complain, right??? Hahaha.

      I'm so glad I did, too!!! The pros have definitely outweighed the cons. I mean, honestly! We wouldn't have met if I hadn't started blogging! Isn't that a horrible thought?? *shudders*

      Wow. That's thrown me for a loop. YOU GOT THEM ALL WRONG!! HOW??? I mean, you just spent an entire week with me. How did you manage to do that without once looking at me??? You've got some serious kind of talent there, girl! ;P

      Mwahahahaha!! You're hilarious. That's all. ;D

      Delete